Royal Blind Society (RBS) is the major service provider in NSW and ACT for children and adults who are blind or vision impaired.
RBS seeks to attract, retain and develop skilled and dedicated staff. We are a dynamic organisation, which promotes high standards of accountability, and a culture that values excellent service, innovation, continuous improvement and the contribution of our people.
On 4 July 2004, Royal Blind Society merged with the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind and Vision Australia Foundation, forming an organisation that will, in the future, offer many new opportunities for people who are blind or vision impaired.
Be part of something
As an employee of RBS, you can
- Rediscover the work/life balance
- Benefit from professional and personal development
- Contribute to making a difference in the lives of people who are blind or vision impaired
We are committed to an extensive staff training and development program that provides opportunities for employees to further their capabilities and knowledge.
Only through the commitment and expertise of our staff can we achieve our vision:
Blindness and vision impairment will no longer be a barrier to full participation in the community.
To use our specialist knowledge and skills to achieve equity and access for people who are blind or vision impaired.
How we deliver
RBS structure comprises:
- Decentralised Client Service Operations throughout metropolitan Sydney, Illawarra, South West NSW and ACT, Hunter/Central Coast and Northern NSW.
- Centralised Marketing & Design, Finance, Policy & Advocacy and Corporate Services, based in our Enfield office.
We provide employment opportunities across a wide and diverse range of activities in such disciplines as:
As an employee of RBS you will have access to a great range of benefits, including flexible working conditions, salary packaging, and study assistance.
Other benefits include:
- Learning and development program
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Commitment to Occupational Health & Safety
- Equal opportunities
- A stimulating, modern work environment amid highly skilled professionals
- Salary progression (based on performance planning and review methodologies)
- Recognition program
- Free car parking
- Free shuttle bus for Enfield staff
- Social Club
We strive to:
- Promote a shared and realistic vision
- Focus on communities and services
- Create ownership and willingness to change
- Be an employer of choice
We do this by:
- Mentoring and support frameworks involving colleagues through knowledge sharing and informal networks
- Promoting a team-based environment
- Focusing strongly on personal development
- Keeping staff informed
- Creating a flexible work environment where outcomes are consistent with corporate and operational objectives
If you are interested in finding out more about paid employment at RBS please contact Human Resources on (02) 9334 3295 or email email@example.com.