Company reviews community guidelines
Company reviews on SEEKRead company reviews
It’s not just about finding the right job. You’re also looking for the right company. That’s why we’ve created a place where you can find and share trusted information about companies across Australia, written anonymously by employees.
Our community guidelines
To build a community of reviews in the spirit of helping others, all reviews and subsequent comments from the company must follow our guidelines.
- English language only
- Respectful - reviews should not contain profanity, threats, violent references, sexual or prejudiced or aggressive or hateful sentiments and any other comment or language deemed inappropriate for our community. Similarly any allegation of, or reference to, racism or illegal activity should be raised with the appropriate authorities and will not be published.
- Relevant - the purpose of your review is to help others discover the best workplaces in Australia, so all content should be in reference to the experience of working at the specific company in question. Any content deemed to be off topic, such as generalised discussion or relating to customer service experiences of interactions with a company or SEEK will not be published. Any reviews that reveal company secrets or intellectual property will not be published.
- Balanced - we believe every place of work will have both good points and areas to improve upon, therefore we encourage you to present a balanced view of your experience. We want to help candidates discover what it's really like to work at an company by avoiding reviews which are artificially positive or deliberately damaging. We may not publish your review if it is deemed to be malicious, biased or suspicious.
- Anonymous - we believe each reviewer has the right to speak openly and honestly without fear of reprisal, so every review captured is displayed anonymously. Similarly we won’t allow any review that names or identifies specific individuals in any way unless they are deemed to represent the public face of the company i.e. CEO or President.
- Authentic - each review has to be related to first hand experiences of working for a specific employer. Any review found to be fraudulent or duplicated will not be published. All content should be original and not quoted from other sources such as (but not limited to) other websites, social media, email, other reviews etc.
- Non-commercial - any reviews promoting products and services of a company, containing URLs, email links or telephone numbers, or deemed to have been incentivised to be provided will not be published.
- English language only - currently we can only accept posts written in English. We don't check grammar or spelling, with every post displayed 'as is' without any editing.
Review dos and don’ts
- Do not highlight or call out individuals for either praise or criticism
It is acceptable to reference the executive management, in a respectful and factual manner, where they are deemed to be synonymous with the company.
- "The CEO takes time to speak to all of the staff in the office.”
- “I felt that the Managing Director wasn’t great at feeding information down to the rest of the staff.”
- “My manager never had time for me.”
- “My team leader David was really great. I really enjoyed working with him.”
- “Nicole S was always difficult, wouldn’t take the time to solve my problems.”
- Always be respectful
Our community strives to be a safe and inclusive place to share honest opinions. We will not allow hateful, aggressive or racist sentiments or language to be published. Any allegations of discrimination or harassment should be raised with the appropriate authority.
- “I really hated working here. I was always glad to finish for the day and dreaded Monday mornings.”
- “This company is a bad employer. They offer no support or development. It feels like you are simply a worker drone to them.”
- “All female colleagues, males never get hired. Sexual discrimination and harassment is wide spread and serious.”
- “As soon as you go over 40 years old the company wants to fire you, nothing to do with performance, just your age.”
- Do not make allegations of illegal activity
We are not able to assess reviews for accuracy or verify facts or the extent of any allegation. Any allegations of illegal activity should be raised with the appropriate authority.
- “I think the values and culture in this company are questionable, there was a lot of politics and I felt people were being dishonest.”
- “We had challenges dealing with difficult staff, the number of HR complaints was very big.”
- “Corruption by management is massive - they are all guilty of fraud.”
- “Everyone is always stealing from the company, money goes missing most weeks.”
- Do not reveal company secrets
Some information is privileged and important to keep private. Any information that is adjudged to be sensitive will not be published.
- “The company has grown a lot in the last few years. It has doubled in size and seems set to continue.”
- “Since the merger there have been a few teething issues but for me not much changed.”
- “There have been early discussions about layoffs. I am not sure which departments will be impacted yet but I hear it will be a lot.”
- “The company owes a lot of money to creditors and I can’t see how it is going to pay.”
How does moderation work?
We monitor all reviews to ensure that they meet our community guidelines and are helpful to others. We have a four-stage moderation process:
- Past or present employers – people share their experience about companies they have worked for.
- Automated screening – reviews are evaluated by our technology to ensure its appropriate.
- Human moderation – reviews are read by our moderation team and evaluated based on our community guidelines.
- Reporting a review – any user of our site can report a review as inappropriate, triggering a re-evaluation.
We do not let companies edit or delete the reviews that show on SEEK
I wrote a review but I can't see it on the website - why not?
If you wrote a review but can’t see it on the website, one of two things might have happened.
- We don’t yet have a page for the company you reviewed – it can take a little while to get all the information we need for each company’s page.
- There was an issue with your review – if your review did not follow our community guidelines we will not have been able to publish it.