What's it like to be an Analyst Programmer?
Analyst Programmers (also known as Programmer Analysts) analyse user needs and provide technology based solutions, including creating requirements documentation and system plans.
Tasks and duties
- Researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs.
- Designing, coding, and installing application programs.
- Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols.
- Writing and maintaining code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications.
- Liaising with users and relevant stakeholders.
Analyst Programmers may be involved in the strategy, design, development, delivery and maintenance phases of building effective technological solutions.
What can I earn as an Analyst Programmer?
Latest Analyst Programmer jobs on SEEK
How to become an Analyst Programmer
- There are a range of different formal training options that provide an entry into the information technology industry, such as a Diploma of Information Technology (ICT50115) or an Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Business Analysis (ICT60315).
- Alternatively, consider a Bachelor of Computer Science or a Bachelor of Information Technology.
- Seek entry-level work in software engineering, computer programming, or business applications.
- Supplement or update your preparation to become an Analyst Programmer with information security training. In today's climate, Analyst Programmers knowledgeable in this area are in high demand.
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as an Analyst Programmer have studied these qualifications.
This qualification develops your computer science knowledge to prepare for a career in computer engineering or software development.
This degree gives you a grounding in a range of information technology areas and may allow you to specialise in an area of interest.
This VET diploma gives you the general ICT knowledge required in order to provide ICT support in small-to-medium enterprises.