What's it like to be a Logistics Coordinator?
Logistics Coordinators manage the supply chain of goods, and ensure they are distributed in the most efficient manner. They are responsible for ensuring that any items processed through the system travel safely and in the most cost-effective way possible.
Tasks and duties
- Overseeing the goods supply chain.
- Analysing processes and finding efficiencies.
- Routing and re-routing orders.
- Monitoring shipments, deliveries, timelines and costs.
- Reporting on performance.
- Addressing inventory issues.
- Resolving shipment issues.
- Answering customer enquiries.
- Liaising with suppliers and transport companies.
What can I earn as a Logistics Coordinator?
Compare salaries by similar roles
How to become a Logistics Coordinator
- Complete a Diploma of Logistics (TLI50415) or equivalent Supply Chain Management qualification.
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
- Hold a current forklift licence.
- Consider obtaining your Dangerous Goods licence.
- If you're looking to move into a Logistics Manager role, consider undertaking a bachelor degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.