What's it like to be a Bookkeeper?
Bookkeepers are responsible for maintaining accurate records of financial transactions and producing financial statements. This may include preparing and lodging Business Activity Statements (BAS) for taxation purposes.
Tasks and duties
- Recording the financial transactions of a business in bookkeeping software, spreadsheets or databases.
- Preparing and sending invoices and receipts to debtors.
- Processing payroll and maintaining employee records.
- Reporting irregularities in data to management.
- Producing balance sheets, income statements and other financial documents.
Bookkeepers usually work in small to medium sized businesses across a variety of industries. The scope of a Bookkeeper’s role and day-to-day tasks may vary based on the size of the business.