3 out of 53.03 years ago
Service Desk Systems Analyst'HP was a great experience and I would definitely recommend it to someone who wants to join the field of IT. It provided me with exceptional skills in customer service and IT.'Adelaide, South Australia, AustraliaLess than 1 year in the role, former employee

Working at HP as a helpdesk staff member allowed me to expand on my customer service and IT skills. Most staff were very happy and friendly, which was nice and helped with day to day activities. The Subject Matter Experts and Supervisors were nice, and would occasionally hand out prizes to those who excelled at their KPI's. I would definitely recommend working for HP in a helpdesk role as a first or second job. You will have the opportunity to greatly advance your career in IT. A lot of the people I started with were able to become Subject Matter Experts after 6 to 12 months.

The day to day operations were fine, however, being a helpdesk you would occasionally have days where there would be a major outage, which would mean there's a lot of incoming calls. With little wrap time after each call, it could quickly become difficult to keep up with case notes and ticket logging.
5 out of 55.0
Work life balance
2 out of 52.0
5 out of 55.0
Recommends working here: Yes
Rates salary as: Average

What's it like to work at your company?

No one knows better than you what it's like to work for your employer. Have your say and leave a review

SEEK has not verified the truth or accuracy of these comments and does not adopt or endorse any of the comments posted on this page. SEEK collects and posts the comments for what they are worth and for information purposes only to assist candidates to find employment through www.seek.com.au.