5 out of 55.03 years ago
Finance Manager'Given what I know now, I would have applied to work there when I was a lot younger!'Edinburgh, South Australia, AustraliaOver 12 years in the role, former employee

I was fortunate to have worked with the RAAF, who are an exceptional group to work with. The people were outstanding and made going to work a pleasure. Great Career opportunities for those willing to move to Canberra. Study opportunities enabled me to complete a number of courses and a University Degree. Travel around Australia to a number of RAAF Bases for training and Finance Forums. Canteen, Post Office, Bank and free Gym and Pool all on Base. Given the memorable opportunities to fly in an Iroquous Helicopter, tour the P3 Orion, fire a rifle and be shown some of the Projects that we had been financing. Bases are private and set among trees, plenty of parking and peaceful quiet areas to work in.

Working in Finance we had to meet a lot of deadlines, in particular questions on notice from Parliament. This could make the position stressful at times. Last few years involved restructuring of Finance under CFO Group in Canberra and isolated us from the RAAF groups we had been part of although we were still positioned within the group.
Work life balance
Recommends working here: Yes
Rates salary as: Average

What's it like to work at your company?

No one knows better than you what it's like to work for your employer. Have your say and leave a review

SEEK has not verified the truth or accuracy of these comments and does not adopt or endorse any of the comments posted on this page. SEEK collects and posts the comments for what they are worth and for information purposes only to assist candidates to find employment through www.seek.com.au.