4 out of 54.03 years ago
Pharmacy Sales Assistant And Cosmetics Sales Assistant'Challenging & insightful work experience which allowed me to grow personal qualities and learn how to multitask in high pressured environments.'Box Hill, Victoria, Australia1 to 2 years in the role, former employee

Loved experimenting with various brands of cosmetics. Loved the Priceline discounts with staff discount on top. Learnt how to deal with various types of customers and what their needs were - facial, skincare, Haircare. Pharmacy section - I learnt a lot about various types of medications, S1 and S2, constantly busy with customers and learning about various types of illnesses. My Communication skills in both mandarin and English improved. I love challenges, and I learn a lot about different types of prescriptions and products. Working here required me to work fast and efficiently, and I learnt how to become more organised and punctual with my time.

Sometimes the two managers and the two bosses would have different ideas and criteria as to how to handle certain situations (E.g. Taking script ins and script outs OR how to behave around customers OR the way we need to handle cash registers) because of such frequent differences, sometimes when you follow one manager's way and the other disagrees with a certain work method... You end up getting told off for not following instructions. This was really hard as there was always conflicts in communication between various managers, and I gradually had to learn and adapt to each manager's work methods. As I was not a pharmacy student, sometimes when I am placed in the pharmacy section, Customers would sometimes ask me questions about certain medications which I had no idea of. And the managers expected me to know the answer (usually when the store was busy). And you would get told off for not helping out a customer. However, the managers need to educate and provide more training sessions with workers especially non-pharmaceutical students working as pharmacy sales assistants.
Work life balance
4 out of 54.0
2 out of 52.0
Recommends working here: Yes
Rates salary as: Low

What's it like to work at your company?

No one knows better than you what it's like to work for your employer. Have your say and leave a review

SEEK has not verified the truth or accuracy of these comments and does not adopt or endorse any of the comments posted on this page. SEEK collects and posts the comments for what they are worth and for information purposes only to assist candidates to find employment through www.seek.com.au.