- Job Listing Date
- 27 Feb 2018
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
- Utilise your extensive skills and experience to assist people with disability
- Full time role to June 2019
- Location: Rosny Park, Tasmania
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, disability and family support, employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
As the NDIS Local Area Coordinator you will provide coordination services for people with disability and their families to build capacity, to exercise choice and control and assist them to contribute to their social and economic life. To allow people to take reasonable risk in pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing information to members of the community and in particular people with disability about the NDIS, mainstream and community stakeholders
- Assist participants, families and carers in their understanding of the NDIS
- Engage in strength based person centred planning, support and life skills development with people with disabilities, according to their goals and immediate needs
- Assist the individual or nominated contact with plan development, implementation and monitoring, support in accessing and participating in their community
- Assisting in the review of goals and working with people with disability and/or their career/family to develop a plan to meet changing needs
- Contribute to building inclusive communities through partnership and collaboration with individuals and families/carers, local organisations, and the broader community
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology or similar
- The ability to assist in linking people to the NDIS, self-directing or self-managing their plans and facilitating linkages to assist people achieve their chosen goals
- Understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity within the community
- A strong understanding of the Disability, Child, Youth and Family Services sector
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities
The successful applicant will undertake relevant background checks as required.
Click "APPLY NOW"
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan