Business Services Manager
Advertiser: Renew Initiatives Australia LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jun 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $60,000 - $74,999
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Art Direction
Creative project implementation and development, community engagement and specialised property management of temporary commercial tenancies for experimental, place-based activation projects. Project administration and general office duties.
Reporting to the General Manager, our Business Services Manager will have the important responsibility of coordinating the delivery of new business quotes, communication and feasibility studies in addition to providing support services to Renew Australia’s Project Managers (both locally and interstate) and managing our Affiliate programs through remote support and project administration and reporting. The successful candidate will offer an exemplary professional service to our new clients and communities.
Position type and Employment period
Our Business Services Manager will be offered a part-time or casual contract for an initial period of up to 6 months, with the potential to extend on new terms. Working hours will be flexible, but we are ideally looking for freelancers with the capacity to work two consecutive days per week during the contract period, possibly expanding to a full-time commitment as required.
$60,000-$75,000 pa – pro rata package or casual daily rate; this will be negotiated commensurate with experience. As a social enterprise, we are strategically scaling up. There is potential for growth in the role, and hence the salary and conditions, with the growth of the organisation.
Location and Travel
The job will be based from your home or a selected co-working space, but will require regular attendance at various project sites and meetings and some travel for interstate projects – so the capacity to drive would be advantageous.
This position requires the ability to work independently and in collaboration with the Project Managers, Affiliate Managers and the General Manager on the micro and macro tasks required to see projects through from inception to final delivery. Ultimately, we want our team to create the job that stimulates them to give and be their best, meeting their needs while delivering value for us. We expect the role will involve some or all of this:
1. Project Planning and Development
· Prepare and report project quotations, scopes of work, budgets, and schedules, General Manager’s schedule, and monitor performance to meet relevant milestones.
· Develop and implement internal project planning documentation, operating procedures and collaborative processes, in coordination with the team.
· Provide support to Affiliate Projects such as advising on project processors and the EOI call for short-term commercial tenancy projects, including application review and recommendation of potential tenants, in liaison with the Creative Director.
· Coordinate project delivery through established “Renew” processes, as mentored by the General Manager contributing to the continuous improvement of client services and social impact outcomes.
2. Communications Management, Research, and Marketing
· Develop and maintain project contacts database and in-house project files.
· Maintain efficient data management and financial record keeping, including useful records of key meetings and other decision-making processes, as supervised by the General Manager.
· Lead and record progress of projects through providing effective verbal correspondence with and consistently written confirmation for colleagues, clients, stakeholders, and other relevant parties.
· Respond to ad-hoc project-related inquiries and ensure all formal documentation for applicants, tenants and property owners is provided efficiently.
· Draft and contribute to operational, deliverable and evaluation reports as required, proofing materials to ensure quality and accuracy, with quality control guidance by the General Manager.
· Develop or supervise the development of marketing plans for specific projects, including target groups, schedules, and campaign content.
· Prepare or supervise preparation of copy for electronic promotional content, including website and social media updates, e-flyers, newsletters, etc. and various expression of interest materials.
· Coordinate ongoing promotional activity for projects, with regular review and revision of strategy, and develop new marketing opportunities as required.
3. Engagement and Onsite Management
· Act as the first point of contact for new business quotes, specific projects, with support from the General Manager; provide practical advice or referral as necessary regarding logistical, legal, insurance, resource, and other issues, and manage expectations of all stakeholders to ensure participants’ reasonable needs are met.
· Coordinate project site visits, local and creative community engagement strategies, and detailed consultations with various (potential) participants and stakeholders.
· Assist Project Managers and Affiliates to facilitate the negotiation and execution of license agreements between property owners and project tenants, and provide intermediary property management service to supervise temporary tenants’ entry, occupation and exit of premises, attending onsite to manage operational matters as required.
4. Business Development
· Represent Renew Australia at meetings, workshops, training sessions, promotional events, media engagements, and industry functions.
· Contribute to tenders and proposals for private and government clients.
· Contribute to applications, acquittals, and reports for funding bodies and government organisations.
· Participate in strategic planning and business development within the organisation.
Reports to: General Manager
Internal relationships: Project Managers, Affiliate contacts, Bookkeeper, Social Media Guru
External relationships: Relevant clients, creative industry practitioners, prospective and successful tenancy applicants, government and community representatives, other project stakeholders, suppliers, etc.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Understanding of and passion for creative enterprise and the revitalisation of communities and local economies
2. Excellent verbal and written communication and outstanding interpersonal skills – including strong experience in consultation, negotiation, and professional documentation.
3. Developed understanding of the requirements for effective project management and creative collaboration –
including ability to work independently, multi-task, delegate and/or complete a micro to macro scope of actions, engage with different disciplines, adopt new technologies, streamline processes, respond to changing priorities and pressures, and deliver to budgets and deadlines.
4. Dynamic, decisive, self-motivated and open-minded –
commitment to creative process, learning, experimentation, and continuous improvement in the workplace.
5. Professional experience and knowledge of a relevant industry –
ie. creative industry management (eg. producing arts/ cultural events), commercial real estate, property/ economic/ community development, urban/ strategic planning, retail/ consumer trends, place making/ management, social enterprise, or similar.
1. Appreciation of the unique “Renew” model of accessing properties for creative activation, as pioneered by Renew Newcastle.
2. Understanding of the needs and dynamics of small-scale creative businesses and initiatives.
3. Basic understanding of local government, urban planning, and compliance issues and processes in relation to space/ place activation.
4. Experience in curation or programming of multi-disciplinary creative projects – including assessment of proposal applications.
5. Experience in community engagement, group facilitation, and/or managing expectations of diverse stakeholders.
6. Experience in research, report writing, strategic analysis, and/or project evaluation.
7. Experience in or understanding of the development, delivery and marketing of client consultancy and training services for business and government.
8. Experience with website management and social media platforms
9. Experience with mentoring or working within small business, creative or social enterprises
Note: We will acknowledge all applications by standard SEEK reply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted personally. Your patience during this time is appreciated.
About Renew (Initiatives) Australia Ltd
"The Renew Australia model is designed to catalyse community renewal, economic development, the arts and creative industries across Australia. We work with communities and property owners to take otherwise empty shops, offices, commercial and public buildings and make them available to incubate short-term use by artists, creative projects, and community initiatives."
Renew Australia is a not for profit company limited by guarantee that trades as a social enterprise. We provide fee for service consultancy and other services to councils, state and federal government, community groups, economic development professionals, developers and property owners. Revenue made allow us to subsidise services and support for artists and community groups and connect our participants with subsidised training to build sustainable new creative enterprises and community initiatives.
Renew Australia is based on the intellectual property, experience, and case study pioneered by Renew Newcastle in 2008. Renew Newcastle was established as a low cost, a low budget DIY urban renewal scheme that has proved highly successful and generated significant media and community interest locally, nationally and internationally. Through a simple strategy based on the temporary and low-cost creative activation of some of the more than 150 empty buildings in the Newcastle CBD significant parts of Newcastle have been transformed.
Renew Australia was established in 2011 to assist other Australian communities to tailor the 'renew model' to their town, community and funding partners. Renew Australia is currently operating the following exciting projects:
· Docklands Art Collective
· Renew Geelong
· Renew Wollongong
We also assist small communities and property managers developing sites set up their own 'renew' project through remote support and affiliate membership:
· Renew Far West
· Jack's Reloaded