Northern Territory Manager
Advertiser: GIVIT Listed LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jun 2018
- $80,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Indigenous & Multicultural Services
About the business
GIVIT is a national not-for-profit connecting those who have with those who need. GIVIT matches generosity with genuine need by inspiring and connecting an online network of givers. Through its website, Australian charities are supported as they request essential, quality items on behalf of their clients. GIVIT then matches these requests with items donated by members of the public and corporate partners, ensuring our most vulnerable residents receive exactly what they need, when they need it the most.
Since establishment in 2009, more than 720,000 items have been donated via GIVIT to assist vulnerable, impoverished and marginalised Australians. GIVIT makes giving easy via its free online giving portal givit.org.au, enabling everyday Australians to see exactly what items are required by vulnerable members of their local community. We enable charities to empower their clients and improve quality of life by obtaining the items they require, online and at no cost.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to establish GIVIT's presence in the Northern Territory. This will be achieved by introducing the GIVIT service to NT Community Service Providers (CSPs), government, corporate stakeholders and the general public, and to facilitate the donation of quality items to those in need across the Territory.
The principal focus of the position is to engage with CSPs supporting Indigenous Australians; registering these organisations with GIVIT and supporting them to request items on behalf of their clients. In parallel, and with the support of GIVIT's leadership team and Marketing & Communications staff, the Northern Territory Manager will generate donation flow by raising public awareness and securing corporate support.
The NTM will foster relationships throughout the community sector, and develop connections with government and the corporate sector to drive long-term partnerships to ensure the sustainability of GIVIT in the NT.
Benefits and perks
In return, GIVIT offers:-
- A great salary package including fabulous benefits
- Flexibility and autonomy to drive GIVIT's operations in the NT and deliver on our organisational objectives.
- A friendly, supportive and motivated team environment.
- A hugely rewarding opportunity to improve the lives of some of Australia's most vulnerable people.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:-
- An established network of contacts throughout the Northern Territory community service sector (with a focus on supporting the Indigenous sector).
- Highly developed relationship management skills and an ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Experience and/or ability to demonstrate capability to work in a diverse national team, and also independently and with minimal supervision, in a satellite office.
- Exceptional project management skills, including demonstrated capacity in planning, implementing, reviewing and achieving project goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including clients, employees and contractors.
- The ability to innovate, design and implement strategies to achieve organisational objectives.
- The ability to deliver training.
- To be competent and effective media spokesperson and confident public speaker.
- The ability to work under pressure and maintain composure in fast paced and rapidly changing work environments.
- Excellent skills in the MS Office suite.
- Have empathy and cultural awareness; treating each individual equally and with respect, without passing judgement or forming stereotypes.
- A "can do" attitude, warm personality and drive to make a real difference in local communities!
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter, addressing your suitability for the role, by Monday 16th July 2018, through the Seek portal. For any enquiries please email GIVIT's General Manager, Marcus Engeman: firstname.lastname@example.org