Community Connect Coordinator
Advertiser: SecondBiteMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jun 2018
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $55,000 + super + NFP salary packaging
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
SecondBite is committed to making a positive difference in the community by sourcing quality, fresh nutritious food that would otherwise go to waste, and re-distributing it in a safe and timely manner to agencies and people in need.
About the position
SecondBite have an exciting opportunity for a Community Connect Coordinator to join the team at Penrith. This position is for a two year contract period with the successful applicant being responsible for facilitating the redistribution of surplus food from local food donors directly to local community groups.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fielding initial enquiries with agencies/donors who exhibit interest in the program
- Liaising with stakeholders and program partners, including following up of food volume data records from agencies
- Being the point of contact for general Community Connect process/Salesforce system queries etc.
- Coordinating the gathering and confirmation of annual agency details and documentation
- Assist with the development of a risk analysis program and input into ongoing risk management
- Completing administration and reporting duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Travelling domestically within NSW, and interstate when required
About the person:
The successful applicant will have:
- An understanding of community engagement within the not-for-profit and/or food sector
- Effective negotiation skills and the ability to build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in report writing and strong administration skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
Only applicants with a current right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To Apply: If you are interested, please apply via SEEK including a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position.
SecondBite is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workforce.