Student Support and Administration Officer
Advertiser: Ozford College of BusinessMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jun 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Ozford College is an international High School located in the CBD. We are seeking an enthusiastic Student Services/Admin Officer for our busy and fast-paced College.
The successful candidate will undertake the following duties daily:
- Work at the Student Services Front desk as the main contact for student enquiries
- Provide information, advice and support to all students and relevant stakeholders
- Assist with student orientation, transition and subject selection administration
- Record, monitor and follow up students attendance/academic progress and other related issues
- Liaise with teachers and students to ensure efficient daily operation
- Set up and manage High School record-keeping and filing system (paper and electronic)
- Coordinate the High School reporting and assessment process
- Manage and operate the VASS system
- Undertake any other duties within the competence of the position holder as directed by the High School Head or Student Services Coordinator.
The successful candidate needs to have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience and passion in the provision of international student support
- Efficient with ability to handle multiple deadlines, strong organisational and problem solving skills
- IT literacy and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict
- Demonstrated ability to manage a busy workload and work under pressure
- Able to work autonomously and as a part of a team with initiative
- Ability to speak an Asian language – Chinese or Vietnamese is preferred
- Advanced MS Office skills
- A relevant qualification plus experience in a similar role. A degree will also be looked upon favorably. A Current Criminal Records Check and Working with Children's Check is also necessary.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a short Cover Letter online summarising their experience and suitability for the role.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted