Head of Student Services and Administration
Advertiser: Ozford Institute of Higher EducationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jun 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Ozford Institute of Higher Education (OIHE) is a fully accredited registered provider of Higher Education undergraduate business degrees in the fields of Accounting, Management and Marketing. OIHE is associated with the well-established Ozford Education Group offering high school, vocational education, degree pathway and English-language courses.
The Institute is committed to the provision of quality and contemporary education and is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, energetic and resourceful Head of Student Services and Administration with a positive track record managing administrative and support functions at tertiary level, and a demonstrated commitment to the improvement of the higher education experience.
Reporting to the Vice President, the role is responsible for the provision and management of student services and support, student admissions and enrolment, and learning resources management. The role will lead a team of professional staff cohesively in maintaining high service delivery standards and integrity in processes.
- Oversight and management of OIHE admissions including the evaluation of applications and the management of credit transfer processes ensuring the timely evaluation of applications while maintaining accurate records for internal and regulator reporting purposes.
- Planning and management of core OIHE student administrative processes.
- Management of OIHE student records including but not limited to student enrolment, personal record, study plan, subject enrolment, participation / attendance, results, deferral and withdrawal.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to ensure compliance with TEQSA requirements in areas of responsibility and oversight of quality assurance as applicable to institute activities by developing, implementing and monitoring effective and efficient policies and procedures.
- Manage, supervise and support the Institute Librarian and other professional staff ensuring individual, student and staff needs are met.
- Contribute to Institute planning processes including course delivery plans, workforce plans, library plans
- Forge and maintain collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with all Institute staff and members of the OEG
- Provide advice to the leadership team on the effectiveness and efficiency of relevant services supplied through the SLA
- Manage the process for creating/editing/updating Institute information as included in course guides, student handbooks, Institute websites
- Management of regulator reporting requirements via HEIMS
Key Selection Criteria:
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- Extensive experience in all aspects of administration and student services within a higher education context at a senior level
- Highly developed managerial skills demonstrated in a dynamic environment of large volume work flows with critical deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to create, develop and implement new policies and procedures and to promote these to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with staff, client groups and stakeholders across a complex organisation
- Demonstrated experience and ability in working with international students
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- A record of demonstrable excellence, teamwork and leadership in professional achievement.
How to Apply:
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria and include a cover page, a full CV and the contact details of three referees. Applications close 3 August 2018.
Please forward application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.