Suicide Prevention and Response Clinician
Advertiser: Northern Australia Primary Health LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Jun 2018
- Northern QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
You Are Not Alone Program (YANA)
Suicide Prevention and Response Clinician – headspace Townsville
Northern Australia Primary Health Limited's (NAPHL) mission is to improve health outcomes by meeting demand through partnerships and innovation.
The Suicide Prevention and Response Clinician:
- Delivery of professional, short-term focused psychological strategies to clients on the SPS program;
- Biopsychosocial assessment of psychological problems, case formulation and treatment planning;
- Risk assessment and risk management planning.
- Making appropriate referrals to other professionals and agencies and taking a care coordination role as needed.
- Utilising and maintaining links with government and non-government stakeholders at the community level to enhance service provision for the client and family.
- Participates in clinical case review meetings, supervision and multi-disciplinary team meetings to ensure appropriate clinical service pathway and service delivery.
- Promotes and participates in the ongoing planning, development, review and maintenance of Mental Health Clinical Services ensuring a commitment to quality and safety standards.
- Maintains case records, in the agreed format and within expected timeframes that clearly document activities undertaken and ensure all documentation is comprehensive, factual and complies with relevant legislation, professional guidelines and organisational policies.
- Ensures confidentiality as per legal, professional, and contractual obligations.
- Coordinates the delivery of suicide prevention clinical services for young people aged 12 – 25 in Townsville with, in accordance with NQPHN Guidelines contract for services, the MOU requirements of the Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs Service (MDMH &AODS) and utilising evidence based practice.
- Work closely with the Townsville Hospital Health Service to ensure streamlined care for young people within the SPS program.
Why work for NAPHL?
- It's your opportunity to join an organisation with an excellent supportive work culture and be part of our innovative team
- Dynamic workload with opportunities to grow your career
- Generous salary packaging benefits up to $16,000
Applications should consist of your CV, together with a covering letter of no more than 1 page in length detailing your experience relevant to the Knowledge & Experience Requirements in the Position Description. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org