Senior Planner / Maintenance Improvement Specialist
Advertiser: Walga Mining & Services Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Jul 2018
- Whyalla & Eyre Peninsula
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Engineering & Maintenance
About the business
WALGA Mining & Services aims to recruit and retain the best talent and we are committed to unleashing the potential of our people by challenging them and giving them the support and autonomy, they need to achieve their goals.
A successful and growing Indigenous owned mining & civil contractor located on the Eyre Peninsular needs a driven, autonomous individual to support the ongoing growth it is currently experiencing.
The demonstrated maintenance improvement is crucial to ensuring the company's continued successful operations.
This is a perfect opportunity for an individual to take control and drive an improvement program from beginning to end and enabling company growth.
About the role
We would like to hear from exceptional Senior Planner / Maintenance Improvement Specialist candidates who have experience in utilising and improving maintenance work management systems.
The role is located at the Iron Knob Mine Area, 54km from the city of Whyalla.
This is a residential Monday - Friday role.
If you are a proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic team player with a high regard for safety, along with a strong work ethic and the ability to strive in a challenging environment, we could be looking for you.
Job tasks & responsibilities
Joining a tight-knit and collaborative team, you will quickly demonstrate your capabilities in improving and utilising an effective maintenance management system to support the mobile and ancillary fleet. You will provide the team with your knowledge and technical support and be required to engage with all stakeholders across multiple projects in mining & civil. Key responsibilities include;
· Lead the work management function for the mobile fleet
· Preparation of work packs
· Budgeting and cost forecasting
· Maintenance systems administrator
· Participate in improvement programs
· Monitor component condition data and equipment performance
· Complete reliability improvement activities
· Maintenance reporting
· Review and establishing service agreements
Skills & experience
You will preferably have:
· completed a trades or maintenance management qualification;
· 1-5 years of experience working in a similar role, planning and scheduling mobile maintenance work and improvement programs;
· experience within mining or civil environment;
· ability to develop, implement and manage all aspects of work management, master data and spares provisions;
· ability to lead, influence and support a team through a change;
· strong relationship and interpersonal skills - a strong collaborator;
· ability to adapt to work effectively across geographic and cultural boundaries to create and promote a collaborative culture and;
· proven track record working in a fast-paced environment
This position is residential from within the Whyalla region, therefore no FIFO or camp accommodation is provided.
You will have the opportunity to:
· work with a tight-knit and collaborative team;
· have adequate support from senior management and colleagues;
· receive ongoing training;
· work autonomously, take responsibility and grow your scope and career within our organisation and;
· enjoy all of the advantages that living and working on the Eyre Peninsular has to offer.
· Full-time salaried position;
· Competitive remuneration that is commensurate with your skills and experience;
· Relocation assistance for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If your skillset matches the above please submit your application to:
WALGA Mining & Services is a 100% Indigenous Owned, Whyalla based company.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander & Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications Close 12:00pm Friday 21 July 2018.