Facilities & Aquatics Coordinator
Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jul 2018
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Other
The Facilities and Aquatics Coordinator (9 mth maternity leave FTC) is responsible for the administrative and logistical support required to deliver successful functions, events and aquatic programs for the School as well as providing support to the Facilities & Operations Manager (FOM) in the general function, safety and security of the school facilities. The role has the responsibility of delivering exceptional customer service to users of the Camberwell Grammar Aquatic Program and assisting the Aquatics Manger with superior program delivery.
This is a hands-on role and you will be required to liaise with contractors, clients and service providers (internal & external), customers and undertake invoicing and administrative tasks.
Other responsibilities include:
- Meeting with clients to identify the objectives of the function and determine the requirements
- Liaise with the relevant staff regarding Parents’ Association, Support Groups and OCGA functions to confirm logistics
- Ensure all client communication is documented and recorded
- Coordinate function logistics
- Functions administration
- Coordinate parking attendants, security and emergency services when required
- Ensuring all relevant documentation / contractual paperwork is signed
- Manage the after hours and functions/events bookings calendar
- Ensure that the correct processes and procedures are followed, complying with all required legislation and regulations, including those related to OH&S
- Oversee and support staff in the use of Audio Visual technology within the Sports Centre
- Maintain vigilant oversight of the security of the Centre with particular attention to unauthorised access by staff and students, and the locking of each area
- At all times, be alert to the potential risks associated with the various activities and intervene when appropriate.
- Maintain the First Aid equipment and materials stock in the Sports Centre first aid room.
- When necessary, act as Chief Warden and Maintain a working knowledge of the Centre’s Fire and Evacuation Warning System and Procedures, all fire equipment and security systems
- Control the visitor traffic and behaviour in the Sports Centre and PAC in the context of maintaining a safe environment for all.
- Liaise with the Duty Managers
- Mange enquiries via phone and email for the aquatics programs
- Process new members
- Manage aquatic stock and club uniform orders
- Follow up assessments and conversions to membership
- Confidently accept bookings and enrolments for programs and services at the facility
- End of day financial procedures
- Act as ‘shift supervisor’ in the absence of the Aquatic Manager
- Conduct aquatic assessments for new potential members
- Assist with competition administration
- and more...
To be considered for this role, you will possess the following experience, skills, qualifications:
- Previous experience in Facility operations administration - essential
- Strong administration background - essential
- Excellent client management skills - essential
- Ability to administer first aid and provide leadership in the case of an emergency
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience in delivering customer service within the aquatic industry
- Previous experience working in an Aquatics area under the principles of best practice and safe pool operations
- Understanding of OH&S policies and procedures
- Cash handling and stock management experience
- Familiar with recreation industry programs and services
- Previous experience in delivering functions / events / hospitality – desirable
- Pool Lifeguard Award (Desirable)
- Level 2 First Aid, and CPR Qualification
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- AUSTSWIM Qualified (Desirable)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications Business / Event Management (Desirable)
For a copy of the full position description go to our employment page: http://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/useful-information/employment/ (available from Tues - 10 July).
To apply please click on the Apply for this job button and submit a cover letter and resume. Only applications received via www.seek.com.au will be accepted.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11PM SUNDAY, 15 JULY 2018
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE