Resort Management Couple - Vanuatu
Advertiser: Pacific AdvisoryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jul 2018
- Asia Pacific, PNG & Pacific Islands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Tamanu on the Beach Resort and Spa is an award winning 5 Star property located in Vanuatu on the main island of Efate.
We are a Luxury Boutique Island Resort situated on a spectacular white sand beach offering a level of luxury, elegance and privacy not found in today's larger resorts.
With 15 luxury villas, day spa, wedding chapel on the beach, boutique and a-la-carte restaurant the property is a leader in the boutique barefoot luxury market for Vanuatu.
We are seeking an experienced Management Couple with proven and successful business acumen.
You will possess proven leadership skills managing, motivating, empowering and leading a team across rooms division, food & beverage, weddings & events, maintenance, human resources, sales & marketing.
You will oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service.
You will also be responsible for maximizing performance and profitability whilst adhering to strict operational and capital budgets.
This is a very 'hands-on’ role for an experienced team. Ideally the couple has extensive food and beverage experience or one of the couple are a chef. You will enjoy a varied day from handling reservation enquiries to onsite setup of weddings to guest check ins.
To be desired for this position, you must have at least 5 years' experience in Resort / Hotel Operations and a minimum of 2 years' experience in a General Manager role or Food & Beverage.
Key skills and desired experience for this role include:
· Ability to effectively manage 40+ employees
· Previous remote and luxury resort experience
· Demonstrated management - Front Office, Reservations, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Food and Beverage Departments
· Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Roommaster Resort System
. Excellent presentation and attention to details are a must.
· Measurable track record of successes in achieving revenue, profitability and service objectives
· Ability to develop and execute strategic management of the resort operations whilst maintaining company standards and values
· Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations including COG controls
· Deliver growth in all revenue streams, including rooms, events and food & beverage whilst mitigating operational expenses
· Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
· Demonstrated understanding of yield management, including exceeding KPI's and targets
· Thorough understanding of Sales & Marketing, including strategic planning and comprehension of domestic and international market segments
· Capability for overseeing successful HR processes including recruitment, induction and training of staff
· Ability to analyse monthly P&L reporting
· Customer friendly and delivering high end yet understated service to our clients
· An understanding of OH&S standards and maintaining a safe working environment for both staff and guests
. French language a plus
This is this is a unique opportunity for a rewarding and exciting adventure as you will be joining a new and growing resort in an idyllic location.
The position is live in and salaried with all the benefits befitting such a role.
Applicants should attach a covering letter outlining why you are the ideal candidate for this position along with a detailed current resume.
Previous South Pacific experience may be advantageous. Only desired applicants will be contacted.
Applications to Glen Craig - firstname.lastname@example.org