Community Transport Coordinator - Lithgow
Advertiser: Live Better Services LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2018
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
- Permanent Part Time role based in Lithgow (33 hours per fortnight)
- Office based - Schedule drivers & vehicles to provide smooth & efficient community transport services
- Be rewarded – Support our customers in your community to maintain their independence
- Rare opportunity to work school hours, 9am – 3pm Mon - Wed.
About LiveBetter Community Services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So, what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional Community Transport team
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! – The opportunity to say, ‘I made a difference to someone’s life today’.
- Opportunity! – A chance to build on or begin your career in Community Transport services in an exciting period of growth for our organisation.
About the Role
Working as Community Transport Coordinator you will help to enhance the independence and quality of life of our customers. You will co-ordinate the provision of efficient scheduling of drivers and transport services that match the needs of our customers and their carers. Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Coordination of efficient scheduling and rostering of drivers and transport services utilising scheduling software.
- Liaison with customers and their carers and coordinating transport services that match their needs.
- Liaison with Community Transport Drivers to communicate schedules and rosters.
- Provision of support to Administration staff.
- Liaison with Commercial transport (if available) to provide NDIS and Full Cost Recovery transport.
- Promote, develop and maintain positive partnerships with internal/external key stakeholders.
- Assist with the review and implementation of service policies and procedures relating to Community Transport.
- Assist and have a strong commitment and understanding of the frail aged, younger persons with a disability and those that are transport disadvantaged.
- Administrative tasks including, entry of trips into scheduling software for reporting purposes.
- Facilitate a supportive approach and understanding of lived experience of Aboriginal and transport disadvantaged people in isolated and remote areas.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist aged, frail and disabled persons in your community.
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Relevant qualifications in Business/Administration and/or 12 months relevant experience.
- Sound experience in operational planning with particular focus on rostering.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Superior organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi task in a fast driven environment.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, both written and verbal with a high degree of empathy.
- Sound computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft software (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the community sector, including the challenges faced by people with a disability, mental health condition and the aged.
- Knowledge of service user/carer for Aboriginal and CALD communities
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, Working with Children Check and pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening).
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume
Closing date: Monday 23 July 2018
Enquiries: Blake Bender – Team Leader East Community Transport 0447 584 170
LiveBetter is a Smoke Free Workplace