Advertiser: Wyndham Community & Education CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jul 2018
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Management - Vocational
Wyndham Community & Education Centre Inc. (Wyndham CEC) is a community based not for profit, Incorporated Association and is one of Victoria's largest Learn Local Education providers. Founded over 40 years ago, Wyndham CEC offers a range of education and community programs for a broad cross section of the community focused on improving lives and strengthening communities.
The Projects Manager will be employed to manage a range of projects delivered through Wyndham CEC’s Training Services and Community Strengthening Units (TSU & CSU). The Projects Manager will lead a team of project workers across these units.
The Projects Manager will be responsible for:
- management of special projects across the Training Services Unit (TSU) and the Community Strengthening Unit (CSU) at Wyndham CEC
- working closely with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and other relevant staff including senior management team and other managers from TSU and/or CSU
- leading a team of staff to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of special projects
- reporting regularly to the COO to review the current performance of projects
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and evaluate special projects identified by Wyndham CEC
- Plan and write submissions and report progress on project deliverables and milestones
- Liaise with funding bodies and relevant partners
- Monitor project performance against budget
- Manage external relationships and any associated agreements
- Manage staff/ teams
- Meet deliverables and ensure timeframes are met/ on track
- Lead the organisation through any project audits or evaluations
Selection Criteria (applications must address all selection criteria):
The person for this position will have demonstrated experience to:
- Operate within the vision and values of a not-for-profit community organisation including the genuine commitment to access and equity principles and the concept of multiculturalism.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and meet reporting requirements including any relevant oversight of financials, risk and compliance.
- Manage complex information for the development of reporting for submission to COO and funding bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff & external relationships.
- Demonstrate ability to independently manage time, prioritise and meet set timelines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Ensure adherence to complex and multiple compliance requirements for relevant legislation, government policy, industry requirements and internal standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and across networks and form strong partnerships.
- Strong organisational skills and high level oral and written communication skills, including report writing and funding applications
- Wyndham CEC’s safety screening processes require the successful applicant to consent to a National Criminal History check and referee checks; confirmation of employment with Wyndham CEC is subject to a satisfactory outcome of these checks.
- Wyndham CEC is committed to child safety and the successful applicant must provide a current Working with Children Check card or willingness to apply for one.
- Wyndham CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people with a disability to apply.
- Wyndham CEC acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals and handles personal information in compliance with National Privacy Principles.
- The successful applicant will require a Victorian driver’s licence and must have the right to work in Australia.
Conditions: This position comes under Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010. Classification dependent on qualifications and experience plus 9.5% superannuation & annual leave loading. Salary packaging options also available.
Applications addressing all selection criteria should be submitted electronically by 5 PM Monday 23 July 2018 to email@example.com
Attention: John Sheen, COO
Enquiries prior to closing date to John Sheen via above email or 03 97424013