Learn Local Quality Coordinator, Wyndham CEC.
Advertiser: Wyndham Community & Education CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jul 2018
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Other
Wyndham Community & Education Centre Inc. (Wyndham CEC) is a community based not for profit, Incorporated Association and is one of Victoria's largest Learn Local Education providers. Founded over 40 years ago, Wyndham CEC offers a range of education and community programs for a broad cross section of the community focused on improving lives and strengthening communities.
Announced as part of the Skills First reforms to the Victorian training system, the Government and the Adult, Community and Further Education Board have committed to trial three Learn Local Quality Partnerships to assist organisations to undertake compliance activities and promote best practice within the sector.
Wyndham CEC will lead one of these three partnerships which will include 10 other member organisations across the North West of Melbourne.
The Coordinator will be employed and performance managed by Wyndham CEC as the lead organisation, to work across the Partnership’s membership to ensure individual organisational circumstances are accounted for and benefits evenly applied.
The Learn Local Quality Coordinator will be responsible for the management of the Learn Local Quality Partnership (LLQP) and accountable for:
- advising LLQP members on compliance approaches to ensure adherence to VRQA, ASQA, AQTF and Skills First requirements
- identifying key compliance systems and processes across LLQP members and implementing best practice
- supporting and advising LLQP members in developing and maintaining audit schedules and plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- co-ordinating the development of a Partnership Plan for the LLQP detailing forward work agenda agreed by member organisations
- provide expert advice and support to individual LLQP members in relation to compliance
- advise on approaches to internal and external audits, qualification updates and extensions of scope
- support the review and update of policies, procedures, documents and forms as informed by the LLQP
- provide instruction in development and maintenance of plans, schedules, quality control of documents relating to compliance
- Reporting requirements of the LLQP
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
*Please note: all applications must address the Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement systems, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, time manage, prioritise and deal with a number of responsibilities.
- An ability to provide a high level of leadership and strategic direction.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of RTO standards for either or both ASQA/VRQA including for non-school senior secondary registered providers.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a senior position within a Registered Training Organisation.
- Comprehensive understanding of student management systems.
- Understanding of Skills First funding contract and guidelines, along with experience with either ASQA or VRQA re-registration.
This position is based in Werribee but will include travel to other partnership member organisations. Salary plus 9.5% superannuation & annual leave loading. Salary packaging options are also available. Leave entitlements include annual leave of 20 days p.a. and personal leave of 10 days.
Wyndham CEC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
- Wyndham CEC's safety screening processes require the successful applicant to consent to a National Criminal History check and referee checks; confirmation of employment with Wyndham CEC is subject to a satisfactory outcome of these checks.
- Wyndham CEC is committed to child safety and the successful applicant must provide a current Working with Children Check card/ VIT Registration or evidence of being in the process of obtaining a card (application receipt).
- Wyndham CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people with a disability to apply.
- Wyndham CEC acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals and handles personal information in compliance with National Privacy Principles.
- The successful applicant will require a Victorian driver's licence and must have the right to work in Australia.
Applications should be submitted electronically by 5 PM Monday 23 July 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Alex Findlay, RTO Manager