- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2018
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Community, Maternal & Child Health
Link Health and Community (Link HC) supports people in our community through the provision of General Practice, Dental, Allied Health, Counselling, Volunteer, health promotion services and more recently as the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Community Partner of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for Inner and Outer East Metropolitan and Inner Gippsland.
The My Aged Care - Care Coordinator works collaboratively to support our Community Care teams, ensuring that My Aged Care referrals are processed in an accurate and timely manner. You will use your excellent clinical reasoning skills to interpret referral information and respond accordingly to clients goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and respond to referrals in the My Aged Care portal
- Provide timely access to integrated and coordinated service access for clients
- Process client referrals utilising clinical reasoning skills
- Coordinate client appointments using TRAKCare
- Promptly respond to clients and referrers enquiries with up-to-date Link HC service information
- Support other service coordination functions as required in collaboration with the Coordination team
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a community health role
- Qualification in health or community services, with detailed understanding of allied health services
- Intermediate information and communication technology (ICT) skills.
- Experience and competence using electronic client management systems such as appointment and health records software e.g. TrakCare and My Aged Care
- Exceptional telephone customer service skills with a professional and friendly demeanour
In line with quality standards, the successful candidate will provide:
- Current National Police Check – where applicable International Check
- Current Working with Children check
- Current Driver Licence
Link HC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a culturally diverse background and people with a lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Visit http://www.linkhc.org.au/get-involved/careers/ to view the Position Description.
To apply please submit your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience.