Head of Consulting
Advertiser: Local Government ProcurementMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Corporate Development
About the role
The Head of Consulting is responsible for the management and performance of the LGP Consulting Team. You will drive significant commercial growth and expansion through the development of current and additional customers, managing the delivery of customer assignments, as well as leading and developing our people.
This is an exceptional role for a strategic leader with consulting experience and procurement expertise to work in a developing our strategic procurement consulting practice. The Head of Consulting is a client facing leadership role that contributes directly to the delivery excellence across our range of procurement consulting solutions, which includes our recently acquired sustainable procurement practice - Sustainable Choice.
You will drive and manage the overall consulting program of work, whilst further developing the team to meet set targets and Key Performance Indicators. Primarily your role will be managing the practice and maximising your team’s delivery, you will need to deliver your own consulting projects allowing you to lead by example in providing high-quality consulting outcomes for councils and LGP stakeholders. Your responsibilities will extend to building a sustainable pipeline of work to maximise resource utilisation, serve as the lead on consulting sales and marketing strategy, continue and support the CEO to establish the new LGP Project Management program.
Skills and experience
- Appropriate qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Supply Chain, Commerce or Business) or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to be flexible and resilient, as well as be able to effectively teach and coach others through change
A positive and inclusive communication style with excellent interpersonal, influencing, negotiation, presentation and training skills, which can be applied across a broad range of diverse audiences (customers, suppliers, LGP staff, local government and NPN stakeholders)
- Strong influencing and leadership skills reflected in the ability to work effectively across a variety of customers showing a proactive approach to building client satisfaction and strong relationships
- Proven high-level relationship management skills in a complex public sector environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to simultaneously manage personally-assigned consulting projects, as well as the Team’s broader Program of Work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish work priorities, which reflect urgency, expediency and strategic importance of tasks whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Well developed commercial skills including research, analysis, business planning, tender development and evaluation, target setting and measurement skills with a proven ability to deliver results
- A high level of computer literacy including excel and word and databases; intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Demonstrated background in senior executive leadership positions developing and managing consulting teams
- Delivering fee-for-service consulting projects, ideally in procurement and/or local government
- Strong commercial acumen, with demonstrated ability to design and implement new products, sell and positively impact revenue growth
- Leading and coaching staff to plan, establish, and deliver new projects, as well as oversee and guide implementation, risk management and project evaluation activities
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness
- Assess procurement functions, processes and information/data, understand gaps to best practices and develop procurement strategies to influence external spend
- Manage execution of procurement strategies including tendering, negotiation, contract management, supplier relationship management implementation and process
- Create and lead senior executive relationships on behalf of the consulting team to maintain satisfaction and drive growth through referral and repeat business
- Train customer procurement professionals and facilitate benefits implementation and realisation, including necessary change management and communications activity
About Local Government Procurement
LGP was established in 2006 and provides fully integrated procurement services. These services include establishing contract panels, consulting, professional development and contract management. Our customers include NSW councils and state government agencies. Please visit our website at www.lgp.org.au
Benefits and culture
LGP is a medium size business which is focus driven and has a very high business ethic. With a prime city location, LGP is a fun place to work, with modern facilities and equipment, LGP is seeking the best quality staff in their chosen field.
Applications close on Monday 30th July 2018
For further information about the role contact Luke Kenny by email at email@example.com. For further information about LGP view www.lgp.org.au.