Advertiser: Human Resources FocusMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2018
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Given the rapid growth of the Camden Local Government Area (LGA), Camden Council recently established the Camden Region Economic Taskforce Limited (the Taskforce), a company limited by guarantee, to ensure that economic growth opportunities are proactively seized and maximised. The Taskforce has an independent Board and Chairperson, and is led by an Executive Officer who requires an experienced and efficient Administration Assistant to provide administrative support to the organisation. The position is part time (14 hours) and will be based in Narellan.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support and assistance to the Chairperson, Board and Executive Officer;
- Schedule and facilitate various meetings through the provision of minutes, agendas, booking venues and advice to attendees;
- Receive and screen calls, emails, letters, invitations and/or visitors;
- Track and monitor all Taskforce enquiries and correspondence;
- Preparation of various reports and presentations to a high standard;
- Manage professional memberships, travel arrangements and bookings for professional development opportunities for the Chairperson, Board and Executive Officer;
- General typing and administrative duties for the Chairperson and Executive Officer;
- Maintain filing, database management, and electronic document management;
- Assist with the organisation of events under the direction of the Chairperson and Executive Officer;
- Purchase relevant office supplies and ensure their availability for use for Taskforce activities; and
- Act in an administrative / secretarial role for Taskforce sub committees or equivalent.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with Administration, enjoy learning new skills and working as part of a small professional fast paced team. Be highly organised and adept at multi-tasking whilst coping with pressure and meeting deadlines with a positive fresh approach.
Essential requirements include:
- Appropriate qualifications and/or experience in administrative/executive assistant role;
- Ability to work in a sensitive, confidential and political environment;
- Proven ability to recognise and implement improvements to processes and systems;
- Highly developed organisational, communication, negotiation and problem solving;
- Experience in MS Office suite at an intermediate / advanced level;
- Highly developed interpersonal and decision making skills; and
- Demonstrated commitment to quality outcomes.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click on the Apply Now Button and forward your resume and cover letter.