Junior Draftsperson / Technical Administrator
Advertiser: JamiesonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2018
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the business and the role
Jamieson Australia Pty Ltd is one of Australia's lead suppliers of specialised bulk transport services and equipment and are located at Parafield Gardens, SA. We provide technical engineering services to Australia's leading heavy vehicle organisations that are associated with mining, quarrying, construction, material handling etc.
Jamieson Australia is currently looking for a Junior Technical Administrator / Draftsperson to join our team. The rewarding role will see the new team member working with our already established engineering team and involve but is not limited to; detailed drawings, creation of BOMs, and creation of technical documents.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm to learn and develop their skills. The candidate must be able to follow given instructions effectively and have good time management skills. The role will offer an immediate start and above the awards rate of pay to the precise calibre of candidate.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Produce technical drawings for manufacture using Solidworks and Draftsight.
- The creation of product manuals for our clients.
- Supplier technical forms.
- Documentation control.
- Update, control & manage engineering registers.
- Produce all required information for distributing profiles, pressings, machined items etc. to the supplier. This includes collating dxfs, pdfs & BOMs.
- Produce 3D CAD Solidworks models.
Skills and experience
- Microsoft suite e.g. Word, & Excel
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to learn, can problem solve and have a high attention to detail.
- 3D modelling skills will be advantageous.
- Experience using Solidworks will be advantageous.
- We encourage uni/tafe students currently studying or have recently completed their course to apply.