Bicycle Mechanic & Technician - Part Time
Advertiser: Urban PedalerMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2018
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Other
We are seeking professional bicycle mechanic with management opportunity
About Urban Pedaler
A good retailer needs top notch service, people, communication, products, and environment in order to compete in the internet age. I started this single-shop location with plans to compete in a competitive marketplace with a unique take on store presentation, product knowledge, impeccable service, and a desire to deliver with a solid team. We prefer service over low prices and our business model and staffing reflect this attitude. We've grown quickly, expanded our staff, and are taking steps this year to be the top bicycle retailer in our market. We carry Cannondale and GT as our major brands with Avanti, Dyson and Lekker currently filling gaps in our offerings. We are developing a very loyal client base from the surrounding suburbs and are expanding our reach as word of our business expands. We have shop rides on road and night time mountain biking. Read our Google reviews if you are curious.
The owner has worked for two major bike brands in the USA, Europe, Australia and Asia in the area of dealer development, and Sales Management.
Work for us and enjoy:
- Start above award rate base pay rate with generous bonus potential based on performance and store profitability.
- Fun work environment that encourages us all to work hard to please our clientele
- Generous staff purchasing scheme that encourages you to own and ride the best equipment within your favored riding discipline
- Flexible schedule and holidays so you can focus on family and recreation away from work.
- Training courses provided to ensure ongoing professional development
- Trains: We're close to Moorabbin and Patterson stations on the Frankston Line
About the role:
We are seeking a part time, professional and experienced Bicycle Mechanic with the potential to develop into a full time position based on skills and experience. Our open floor plan and impressive workshop invites interaction with the workshop staff, therefore people skills, product knowledge and personality have a direct effect on profitability. Our incentive program invites input from you and will set the bar for future staff. Inventory management for workshop parts, attending training and vendor events are part of the position. You will also have input on product selection, procedures, programs, and other areas.
- Professional bicycle mechanics experience is mandatory
- A passion for riding in one or more riding disciplines
- A desire to help new riders succeed in their sport
- The ability to think outside normal bike retail standards and procedures
- Ability to take constructive feedback and follow strict procedures required
We prefer both a letter of introduction that introduces you and your connection to cycling plus why you are applying for this job and what you seek to gain, plus the standard resume that lists your professional experience and personal references