Advertiser: Australian News Channel Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Jul 2018
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
Australian News Channel (ANC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of News Corp Australia and the leading provider of 24 hour television news services in Australia and New Zealand. ANC delivers unrivalled premium news channels Sky News Live, Sky News Business, Sky News Weather, Sky News Extra, Sky News Extra 1, Sky News Extra 2, Sky News Extra 3, Sky News UK, Sky News New Zealand and FOX SPORTS News. It also operates a national digital news network SkyNews.com.au reaching millions of Australians each month. It’s news services are also available to international audiences via it's OTT service AustraliaChannel.com.au.
News Producer, Sky News
Sky News is on the look-out for News Producers with a passion for news and public affairs and a genuine love of story-telling.
We are looking for energetic, switched-on journalists with a real passion for live breaking news.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in general news, and be able to draw upon and build networks.
The role includes making calls on breaking stories, researching and liaising with talent, and working closely with producers, presenters and studio crew to create a vibrant and accurate on-air product.
Preference will be given to candidates with newsroom and/or broadcast experience, however sound news judgement and the ability to multi task in a demanding work environment is of paramount importance.
Must be keen to help organise and develop news programming, and possess a demonstrated ability to write and edit news copy.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly switch priorities, work under deadline pressure and learn new technologies.
The position represents the next step in building a career in journalism and allows for initiative and creativity in a fully integrated newsroom.
- Two to five years experience in journalism with demonstrated excellent news judgement
- Ability to write engaging, accurate and crisp copy, quickly, and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead a team
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task
- Creativity and a passion for storytelling and entertaining
- Ability to coordinate a wide range of resources/stakeholders to assist in the achievement of objectives
- Sound understanding of current trends and technology relating to various delivery platforms. Experience with digital video editing and ENPS is an asset
- Flexible, which means working irregular hours, and unpredictable shifts, driven by news demands with regular weekend work
- Work unsupervised, to tight deadlines, under pressure