- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jul 2018
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Link Health and Community (Link HC) supports people in our community through the provision of General Practice, Dental, Allied Health, Counselling, Volunteer, health promotion services and more recently as the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Community Partner of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for Inner and Outer East Metropolitan and Inner Gippsland.
The principal objective of this position is to provide person-centred support in a multi-disciplinary setting to enable older adults and people with chronic and complex conditions, family members, carers and meaningful others preserve and improve social and psychological function focusing on the client’s experience, and a commitment to self-determination, dignity and respect.
Key components of this role are to:
- Demonstrated comprehensive psycho-social assessment.
- Risk assessments including family violence and elder abuse.
- General counselling and associated therapy
- Practical support to access appropriate supports including accommodation and housing.
- Secondary consultation within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Group facilitation and education.
- Accountability to our core business and associated deliverables.
Skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work.
- Accreditation as a Mental Health Social Worker.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the community care setting.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of confidentiality, client rights and responsibilities and actively following professional requirements under the Privacy Act.
- A sound knowledge of the social model of health and the social determinants of health.
- Experience at working independently with demonstrated initiative.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with a broad range of individuals and services.
- Current Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers Licence
Link HC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a culturally diverse background and people with a lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Visit http://www.linkhc.org.au/get-involved/careers/ to view the Position Description.
To apply please submit your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience.