Advertiser: JFA Purple OrangeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Jul 2018
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the business
JFA Purple Orange is a social profit (NFP), non-government organisation. Through research and dialogue with people living with disability, JFA Purple Orange develops policy and practice and delivers projects in support of people living with disability getting a fair go at everything life has to offer.
About the role
Are you passionate about inclusive education for students who live with disability? Do you want to make a real contribution to inclusive school communities in South Australia? Have you had success leading projects that influence positive changes?
This Project Leader role will oversee a 2-year project funded through the NDIS Information Linkages and Capacity building grants. Using community-of-practice and mentoring frameworks, this project brings together inclusive school leaders and young people living with disability who have emerged from SA's education system to build the capacity of schools in relation to inclusion and diversity.
This is an important opportunity to help grow a body of knowledge about inclusive school practice, and to contribute to South Australia's leadership in the national conversation about inclusive education
For more information about Purple Orange and a copy of the Job and person specification, go to www.purpleorange.org.au
Benefits and perks
The roles are offered on a full time basis; reduced hours are possible. People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
Skills and experience
To be successful working with us, you need to demonstrate that you are:
- Values-driven: Deeply-felt value base in support of improving the life chances for people living with disability and their families, especially in respect of inclusive education
- Experienced in facilitating consultations and/or running a co-design methodology
- Well-organised, so that work is conducted on time, on budget and to specific standards
- Diplomatic, able to work with a range of people to build their support for this project
- Good thinker, to find solutions to problems and to build the project's knowledge
- Good communicator, to lead conversations about the importance of inclusive education
- Qualified: relevant degree (or similar)
How to apply
Send your application to Jackie Hayes, Team Leader, Purple Orange via Seek. Enquiries 08 8373 8333
We will commence the short listing process on the 10 August 2018.