- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jul 2018
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Package Value $78,910 – $96,130
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
About the business
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Barnardos, one of Australia's leading not-for-profit organisations, as an Aboriginal Caseworker. The role is permanent full-time (35hrs) and is based at one of our Penrith offices within the Western Sydney area.
Barnardos is one of Australia's leading not for profit organisations. The role is within the Barnardos Narang Bir-rong program which provides out of home care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children who cannot remain at home due to abuse and/or neglect.
Narang Bir-rong was established in 2008 to meet the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people from birth to 18 years old requiring secure short term, crisis and permanent family placements.
About the role
The role will ensure high quality provision of comprehensive assessment, support and casework service to the children and carers within the Narang Bir-rong program.
Skills and experience
- Qualifications in Community Services or relevant field
- High level of oral and written communication skills and demonstrated use of Microsoft office programs including word, excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Experience in case management
- Experience or knowledge in child and family welfare and in foster care or a related area of alternate care for children is desirable, although not essential
- Experience in working in partnership with Community Services and other services/agencies to ensure positive outcomes for children
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to the Stolen Generation and transgenerational trauma
- Knowledge of issues surrounding abuse and neglect of children and the impact of trauma and child protection
- Mature outlook and highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Current NSW driver's licence and use of a registered passenger vehicle.
Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised in Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
Applicants will be subject to a working with children's check and a national police check which is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work.
Please direct all enquiries to Heidi Bradshaw, Program Manager via: email@example.com for any enquiries or to send your application with your current resume and a covering letter addressing the essential criteria.
Applications close 31 August 2018 at 5pm