Digital Marketing & PR Coordinator
Advertiser: NSW Board of Jewish Education (BJE)More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jul 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Do you have an innovative way to sell a secret?
Do you have a creative way with words?
Want to make a difference?
Then this is the role for you!
The NSW Board of Jewish Education (BJE) is a not for profit organisation providing quality Jewish education to children in state and in the non-Jewish private school system. BJE strives to foster a positive sense of Jewish identity in our youth, leading to them becoming involved and active members of the Jewish community.
Due to the continued growth of our services throughout NSW, we are now seeking to appoint a highly organised, creative and confident digital marketing & PR coordinator. This new role will be based out of our Bondi offices, joining a dynamic team of experienced professionals, and is a permanent part-time fixed-term position.
This exciting new role will see you take full control of our digital marketing and PR strategy, develop and execute your vision, whilst managing the content of our media outlets ensuring all published information remains up to date and relevant. This is a part time position (19 hours per week), Initial 6 months’ contract with flexible days and work hours.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for handling all digital public relation activities; liaising with press and writing press releases, tracking campaigns, and ensuring that BJE’s message is consistent and positive.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Raising community awareness of BJE.
- Developing, managing and optimising digital marketing campaigns.
- Writing press releases and distributing them to the media.
- Develop and execute the social media strategy for BJE.
- Evaluating community awareness and competitor data.
- Reviewing new technologies and keeping BJE at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Driving and managing BJE’s cross department surveys
- Keeping up-to-date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor media outlets.
- Liaising with the press to communicate messages from the organisation.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with members of the press and digital media.
- Working on a wide range of marketing materials ensuring the message and tone of written communications is consistent throughout the organisation and fits with the BJE’s strategy.
- Overseeing the creation of digital PR campaigns and press releases as well as analysing and tracking these campaigns.
- Tracking BJE’s mentions in the press and handling incoming enquiries from members of the media.
- Writing entertaining and informative search engine optimised copy using keywords relevant to BJE and basing articles around them.
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the BJE website and tracing conversion rates.
To take on this role, you must have demonstrated experience in a Digital Marketing role, preferably with experience in managing PPC (Pay-Per-Click), SEO (Search-Engine Optimisation) and Affiliate programs including Email marketing and Social Media. You will have a creative mind, and be highly articulate, with an excellent command of both spoken and written English, ideally with a love of writing & storytelling.
Additionally you must:
- Bring a strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategies and best practices.
- Have a solid understanding of the press, ideally from working in a similar role.
- Be highly organised and be able to meet strict and erratic deadlines whilst maintaining an outgoing personality with the ability to build mutually beneficial relationships.
Experience in a not for profit or community organisations is desirable, however a passionate approach is essential!
This is a fantastic opportunity to sink your teeth into a meaty role, and you will be rewarded with a sense of purpose, supportive & caring colleagues, flexible work hours, nurturing working environment and feeling valued.
If you meet our requirements and would like to apply for this incredible opportunity, kindly submit your letter of application and attach your resume, outlining your relevant skills and experience (in PDF or Word format only) to email@example.com by 20 August 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.