Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Aug 2018
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Other
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school. We have recently built a state of the art Sports and Recreation Facility, which now offers an Aquatic Program including Learn to Swim classes for kids.
The Aquatics Administrator has the responsibility of delivering exceptional customer service to users of the Camberwell Grammar Aquatic Program and assisting the Aquatics Manger with superior program delivery.
This is a diverse and hands-on role, within which you will be required to liaise with staff, students, service providers (internal & external) and other stakeholders to undertake a range of safety, support and administrative tasks.
This is currently a Casual role with hours of work being Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 2.00 pm to 7.00 pm (15 hours per week). However, as the Aquatics Program is still in its infancy, we anticipate the role will potentially increase to Permanent Part-time, therefore flexibility to increase hours is essential.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain vigilant oversight of the security of the Centre with particular attention to unauthorised access by staff and students, and the locking of each area, especially the Pool Hall, when not in use.
- At all times, be alert to the potential risks associated with the various activities and intervene when appropriate. Conduct ongoing risk assessments in order to manage the risks that arise from the day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Maintain the First Aid equipment and materials stock in the Pool Deck first aid room.
- When necessary, act as Chief Warden and take charge of emergency and evacuation procedures within the facilities and maintain a working knowledge of the Centre’s Fire and Evacuation Warning System and Procedures, all fire equipment and security systems
- Manage enquiries via phone and email for the aquatics programs
- Provide excellent customer service to customers, both in person and over the phone
- Utilise the ENVIBE facility management system to process new members
- Manage aquatic stock and club uniform orders
- Follow up assessments and conversions to membership
- Confidently accept bookings and enrolments for programs and services at the facility
- End of day financial procedures
- Act as ‘shift supervisor’ in the absence of the Aquatics Manager
- Actively contribute to the provision of a clean and safe facility, ensuring compliance with the relevant legislative requirements
- Ensure daily routines are followed and that systems and procedures are maintained
- Conduct aquatic assessments for new potential members
- Assist with competition administration
To be considered for this role, you will possess the following experience, skills, qualifications:
- Ability to administer first aid and provide leadership in the case of an emergency
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills with the ability to juggle several tasks and responsibilities at once
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office as well as experience using bookings and course management software
- Previous experience in delivering customer service within the aquatic industry
- Previous experience working in an Aquatics area under the principles of best practice and safe pool operations
- Understanding of OH&S policies and procedures
- Cash handling and stock management experience
- Familiar with recreation industry programs and services
- A friendly, helpful nature with a willingness to learn
- Proactive approach with a can-do attitude
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong work ethic and dedication to their work
- Ability to work flexible and potentially increased hours including evenings and weekends - essential
- Strong administration background - essential
- Pool Lifeguard Award (Desirable)
- Level 2 First Aid, and CPR Qualification
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- AUSTSWIM Qualified (Desirable)
For a copy of the full position description go to our employment page: http://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/useful-information/employment/.
To apply please click on the Apply for this job button and submit a cover letter and resume. Only applications received via www.seek.com.au will be accepted.
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received and as such, the interview process may commence immediately.
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received so to ensure you don't miss out on applying, get your application in sooner rather than later.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE