- Job Listing Date
- 1 Aug 2018
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Link Health and Community (Link HC) supports people in our community through the provision of General Practice, Dental, Allied Health, Counselling, Volunteer, health promotion services and more recently as the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Community Partner of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for Inner and Outer East Metropolitan and Inner Gippsland.
The principal objective of this position is to provide a range of community based counselling and support individuals with addiction to alcohol and/or other drugs in the Inner Eastern and Outer Eastern metropolitan Melbourne regions.
The Addiction and other Drug (AOD) Counsellor will counsel clients in line with contemporary, professional standards of practice and will carry mixed caseloads in order to provide the treatment continuum which includes but not limited to assessment, counselling, care and recovery and non-residential withdrawal.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the delivery of clinical interventions in a community setting with AOD clients with complex and multiple needs including Dual Diagnosis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the psychosocial issues affecting people with problematic substance abuse issues.
- Proven ability to effectively work with people and families experiencing problematic alcohol and other drugs use in a respectful, compassionate and positive manner.
- A demonstrated commitment to teamwork and the ability to take appropriate individual and team responsibility for the welfare of clients.
- Demonstrated ability in group facilitation.
- Proficient information and communication technology (ICT) skills particularly the use of electronic client management systems and electronic health records.
- Certificate IV in AOD essential
- Minimum Diploma in AOD with additional Counselling qualification
- Current Forensic Accreditation
- Police Check, both National and where applicable International
- Current Working with Children Check
- Professional Association Registration
- A Current Drivers Licence
Link HC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a culturally diverse background and people with a lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Visit http://www.linkhc.org.au/get-involved/careers/ to view the Position Description.
To apply please submit your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience.