Policy and Research Leader
Advertiser: JFA Purple OrangeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Aug 2018
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the business
Do you want to make a real contribution to delivering independence, power, choice and control to people living with disability?
Have you had success leading policy or projects that influence positive changes?
JFA Purple Orange is an Adelaide-based social-profit organisation working to improve the life chances of people living with disability.
We conduct research, run consultations and contribute to policy development. We also deliver projects that influence practice.
About the role
We are expanding our capacity to contribute to policy and practice across a range of themes including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), employment, education, housing and inclusive technology. If successful, you will work as part of a team and you will have responsibility for one or more themes.
For more information about Purple Orange and a copy of the Job and person specification, go to www.purpleorange.org.au
Benefits and perks
The role is offered on a full time basis, for a three year term; reduced hours are possible. Salary packaging options are available. People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
Skills and experience
To be successful working with us, you need to demonstrate that you are:
- Values-driven: Deeply-felt value base in support of improving the life chances for people living with disability and their families, especially in respect of choices and inclusion.
- Consultative: Capacity to develop and coordinate research and consultation projects
- Analytical: Capacity to analyse and communicate complex issues, and to identify ways forward, in both verbal and written form.
- Strong writing: capacity to write influentially, for a diverse audience
- Diplomatic: Capacity to diplomatically navigate complex and sensitive issues, and build influential relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
- Self-starting: able to work under limited supervision, establish priorities, initiate work and meet deadlines
- Organised: Capacity to work in a project-based environment
- Qualified: relevant degree (or similar)
How to apply
Send your application to Mr Robbi Williams, CEO, Purple Orange, Applications to be submitted via Seek, Enquiries 08 8373 8333
We will commence the short listing process on the 3 September 2018