- Job Listing Date
- 7 Aug 2018
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Link Health and Community (Link HC) supports people in our community through the provision of General Practice, Dental, Allied Health, Counselling, Volunteer, health promotion services and more recently as the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Community Partner of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for Inner and Outer East Metropolitan and Inner Gippsland.
Link Health & Community are seeking an experienced Youth Counsellor to provide range of interventions and support for individuals aged 16-21 suffering from addiction to alcohol and/or other drugs (AOD) and their families, in the Inner Eastern and Outer Eastern metropolitan catchments of Melbourne.
The Youth Counsellor AOD will provide services on site, during outreach and in other organisations as per the service agreement.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver episodes of care for individuals and families including intake and assessment, client-directed goal setting evidence-based counselling and group interventions.
- Engage with the client and their family by the most appropriate medium; this may include telephone, face-to-face, and/or on-line service interventions.
- Provide family inclusive treatment responses in consultation with the client to ensure their family/support network is engaged and informed as treatment progresses, this may include referral to peer support and recovery groups to support treatment outcomes.
- Proactively provide support to the client and their family to establish and maintain linkages in the community including timely referral to other services and or/providers.
- Undertake forensic AOD assessments as an accredited Clinical Forensic Drug Assessor.
- Work collaboratively with the Link HC Community Development and Engagement Team to deliver strategies to engage the population group.
- Adhere to professional standards regarding the client group.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Forensic Accreditation (ACSO)
- Dual diagnosis competencies (highly desirable)
- Recognised qualification in Social Work or Counselling (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated experience and/or ability to work therapeutically with the client group and their family for clients presenting with a broad range of substance and psychosocial needs.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Understanding the application of risk management, crisis intervention and mandatory reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of confidentiality, client rights and responsibilities and actively following professional requirements under the Privacy Act.
- High level of competence in information technology e.g. Microsoft programs and client data management systems.
- Police Check, both National and where applicable International
- Current Working with Children Check
- A Current Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate inclusive of CPR
Link HC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a culturally diverse background and people with a lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Visit http://www.linkhc.org.au/get-involved/careers/ to view the Position Description.
To apply please submit your CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience.