Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2018
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Other
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school. We are a 'Learning Community', which encourages staff, students, past students and parents to involve themselves fully in all aspects of school life and to identify themselves with its values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Art Technician is to provide practical, technical and administrative support within the Art and Design department. This includes the planning, organisation and efficient running of the Art Studios and department.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure smooth running of the department by ensuring the provision, preparation and maintenance of materials and equipment
- Support Art and Design staff in a variety of ways to help with the smooth running of the Department
- Collect, deliver, unpack and store art orders across the department
- Manage Studio Art requirements – kiln work, glazing, slab rolling etc
- Mount, frame and display student artwork
- Report broken or faulty equipment or furnishings to the Maintenance staff
- Assist with student Art exhibitions by hanging artwork, changing displays in display cases and cleaning frames and display cases
- Take digital or other photographs as directed by Head of Art and/or Art and Design staff
- Catalogue the CGS Art Collection and keep location catalogue up to date
- Update records when new artwork is acquired by the School
- Photograph student artwork for School publications and other purposes as directed by Head of Art
- Assisting with external exhibitions in the David Williams Gallery.
To be considered for this role, it is essential candidates have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Advance knowledge of Adobe suite products – Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Ability to manage the ordering, delivery and storage of materials and equipment
- Willingness to provide technical assistance in specific studio access
- Awareness of OHS requirements in maintaining safe work practices
- Office Administration Computer literacy- experience with Microsoft Excel and Office software
- General knowledge of art history and art processes
- Photographic competency
- Relevant qualifications and/or extensive prior experience in a similar role
- Can demonstrate a high level of understanding of the position's responsibility
For a copy of the full position description go to our employment page: http://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/useful-information/employment/
WHY WORK WITH US?
- The School environment is one of community and family
- Free parking on site
- Set professional development days
- Other free or subsidised activities - boot camp, gym access, swim training, cycling class, pilates, a very soon to be introduced Health & Wellbeing Program and more
If this sounds like the job for you and you believe you have what we are looking for, then click on the "Apply for this job" button and submit your cover letter and resume.
Only applications received via www.seek.com.au will be accepted.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY 22ND AUGUST. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received and as such, the interview process may commence immediately.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE