Primary School Teaching Positions for 2019
Advertiser: Port Vila International SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Aug 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Primary
VACANCY – Primary School teaching positions for 2019
Port Vila International School is seeking suitably qualified Primary School teachers to commence January 2019. Versatile and resourceful teachers, who can teach a range of year levels are invited to apply for a 2-year contract position.
PVIS is an independent, co-educational EEC – Year 12 school located in Port Vila, Vanuatu with a student population of approximately 380 students.
We welcome applications from both experienced and recently-graduated professionals who are looking to join a dynamic team. Teachers with the ability to teach the Australian Curriculum adapted for a Vanuatu context should apply for an information pack via email to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday September 21, 2018. Please email CV, response to selection criteria and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Education or other discipline with appropriate post graduate teaching qualifications)
- Current teacher’s registration, or eligibility to be registered (with Australian state authority, New Zealand or other equivalent registration board). New graduates are invited to apply.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of and experience teaching the Australian Curriculum.
- Understanding of literacy and numeracy intervention programs to ensure all children achieve success.
- A willingness to work collaboratively with teachers and students from across the school.
- An ability and willingness to contribute to the school’s ongoing curriculum development.
- Development and delivery of teaching and learning programs.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of and experience working with the AITSL standards for teachers.
- Experience supporting success for students from a disadvantaged context.
- Experience working with EAL students.
- Experience working in schools outside of Australia.
- Understanding of the Pacific context.
- A willingness to participate in and contribute to the corporate life of the school.
- A willingness to teach at different levels across the school.