Business Development Manager – Western NSW
Advertiser: Local Government ProcurementMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Aug 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Account & Relationship Management
Working conditions include:
- Modern office in Sydney CBD, a 3 minute walk to Wynyard station
- 38 hour work week
- 20 days annual leave per annum
About the role
The position of Business Development Manager will play a pivotal role in translating the procurement requirements of Local Government into high-quality effective contracts. You will be responsible for relationships across all allocated councils, Regional Organisation of Councils (ROCs) and Joint Organisations (JOs) within the allocated geographic area of the State.
The position will raise awareness with councils, ROCs and JOs of the services that are available through Local Government Procurement, and be a focal point of the organisation within New South Wales. The position is valued through its capacity to provide support and advice on procurement practice, and therefore requires strong knowledge of tendering process and contract management, preferably developed from the public sector.
Duties and responsibilities
- Successfully building positive and measurable results-driven relationships with allocated customers
- Establishing an advisory capability to support any council enquiry on all LGP products and services
- Conducting a comprehensive council / ROC / JO visitation program to establish and maintain a highly visible profile
- Achieve set targets and Key Performance Indicators for this role and the region
- Substantial commercial growth from your region across contract utilisation, training adoption and engaged consulting projects
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in client relationship management, across various levels of seniority
- Delivering procurement advice and support to differing groups of stakeholders
- Strong commercial acumen, with demonstrated ability to develop new business and positively impact business growth in your area of responsibility
- Develop and deliver presentations to small and large groups of stakeholders
- Assess procurement functions, processes and information/data, understand gaps to best practices and develop procurement strategies to influence external spend
- Capable of learning and guiding clients through systems that support engagement of LGP products and services
- Train customer procurement professionals and facilitate benefits implementation and realisation, including necessary change management and communications activity
- Strong influencing and leadership skills reflected by the ability to work effectively across a variety of customers to proactively build client satisfaction and strong relationships
- A positive and inclusive communication style with excellent interpersonal, influencing, negotiation, presentation and training skills, which can be applied across a broad range of diverse audiences (customers, suppliers, LGP staff, local government stakeholders)
- A high level of computer literacy including excel and word and databases; intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- The successful candidate will be required to hold a current ‘Class C’ Driver’s Licence
- Experienced, and able to travel and be away from home for up to 5 days duration.
- Appropriate qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Supply Chain, Commerce or Business) or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as CIPS or AAPCM
- Formal qualifications in procurement or supply chain management
- Relevant work experience in a procurement or purchasing role
- Relevant work experience in a government department (preferably local government)
About Local Government Procurement
LGP was established in 2006 and provides fully integrated procurement services. These services include establishing contract panels, consulting, professional development and contract management. Our customers include NSW councils and state government agencies.
Benefits and culture
LGP is a medium size business which is focus driven and has a very high business ethic. With a prime city location LGP is a fun place to work, with modern facilities and equipment, LGP is seeking the best quality staff in their chosen field.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 10th September 2018.
For further information about the role contact Luke Kenny by email at: email@example.com. For further information about LGP view www.lgp.org.au.