Trainer and Assessor
Advertiser: Master Plumbers AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Aug 2018
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Vocational
- Part time role
- Commencement January 2019
- City Fringe Location
Master Plumbers Association of South Australia Inc (MPA SA) is a leading industry Association that educates industry, as well as providing off site vocational educational training (VET) programs creating pathways into the plumbing industry.
The MPA Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 40070) is seeking an energetic and experienced Trainer and Assessor to work with industry and assist in the running of our VET in schools programs from 2019. This part time position will involve training and support of our VET in Schools Programs for Certificate I in Construction and Certificate III in Roof Plumbing (partial).
Successful applicants must have the minimum qualifications of Cert IV in Training and Assessment, as well as relevant plumbing qualifications. Applicants holding the TAE40110 Cert IV in Training and Assessment must have also completed the TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 units, or be willing to complete these units prior to commencement of employment.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher level Qualification in adult education
- CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction or equivalent
- Certificate III in Roof Plumbing / Plumbing or equivalent
- Current industry experience in the Plumbing and/ or Construction industry
- Current knowledge and skills in vocational training and learning
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- National Police Clearance / DCSI Clearance
- Ability to relate well with both secondary school students and adult learners
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work as a team member
- Strong administration skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational, communication and time management skills
-Computer skills sufficient to create and maintain learning and assessment materials
- Demonstrated industry currency and professional development
- A current valid drivers Licence
- Understanding of the RTO Standards (2015) and compliance procedures
- Ability to prepare and write training sessions and activities
- Current Construction Induction Safety Card Whitecard ('CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely' competency)
- Experience working with Secondary Schools, Staff and students
To apply, please send your CV/Resume and cover letter outlining your suitability of the position to Andrew Clarke - Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that you must have the right to live and work in Australia and obtain clearance for working with children to apply for this position.