Advertiser: GIVIT Listed LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sep 2018
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $115,000 - $125,000 to be negotiated
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the General Manager is to provide GIVIT with leadership and management capacity across the Governance, Operational, Finance and Human Resources functions of the organisation. Reporting to the Board, this role is responsible for growing GIVIT as set in the Strategic Plan, and run the management of GIVIT’s donation management system during day to day operations, following disaster events and during specific appeals.
This role requires extensive experience in successfully growing a national, or international Non-Government Organisation or Non-Profit. This role will be based full time at GIVIT’s national headquarters in Bowen Hills, Brisbane.
This role is lead in the Executive Committee and ensures the delivery of effective and efficient donation services across Australia. This role is responsible for an effective and efficient central office - supporting employees and volunteers with the environment and resources needed to perform their roles. This role will directly support the Founder of GIVIT in Fundraising activities to ensure the ongoing sustainability of GIVIT.
The General Manager is instrumental in contributing to GIVIT’s culture of performance excellence, innovation and responsiveness to its stakeholder’s needs and emerging technologies. As the leader of Operations, HR and Finance the position ensures the judicious management and governance of the organisation through contemporary policies, procedures and work practices that ensure a high quality, industry leading, and low risk provision of GIVIT’s services.
The General Manager’s role models GIVIT’s values of being motivated by making a difference to people in need, being driven to go the extra mile; building trust, acting with integrity and showing respect; and appreciating volunteers, charities, donors and supporters.
Reporting To: GIVIT’s Board of Directors
The Position of General Manager will involve:
Organisational Leadership and Management
· The development of GIVIT’s strategies, structures, systems, and skills to meet current needs and future organisational aspirations.
· Leadship and management of the functions to deliver on the strategic and operational plans of the organisation.
· The monitoring and identification of trends and patterns within their internal and external environments in order to mitigate risks, explore opportunities or continually improve organisational and operational performances.
· The integration of the Strategic Vision, Mission and Plan of the organisation into the operational plans and activities of functional units, employees and volunteers.
· The planning and management of paid and volunteer staff and resources to achieve GIVIT’s Vision and Mission and the organisation’s Strategic Plan.
· Skills to develop, implement and successful deliver plans efficiently and with the effective use of available resources.
· The establishment and achievement of financial objectives and budgets through the judicious management of people and resources.
· The identification of business opportunities to improve organizational performance.
Communications and Relationships
· Effective internal and external communication and relationship skills to communicate to a wide and varied clientele both verbally and in written form.
· The establishment and maintenance of through professional and ethical interactions.
· Problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
· The ability to works collaboratively with clients and colleagues to achieve outcomes.
· Proactively identifies donations management related opportunities and risks in their area of expertise that will grow and protect GIVIT into the future.
· Demonstrates the ability to plan, organise and implement work responsibilities and activities.
· Demonstrates an ability to work quickly and effectively in a small and dynamic work environment with limited resources and response timeframes.
· The ability to analyse, problem solve and make appropriate decisions for implementing solutions.
· Measures and evaluates their function’s performance for continuous improvement opportunities.
· Plans and manages available resources to achieve agreed outcomes and within budget (if applicable).
· Ability to project manage companywide initiatives.
· The ability to set and achieve individual and team goals through goal setting, excellent time management and communication skills.
· The ability to work independently, flexibly as well as a member of a team.
· The willingness to work the Board, executive team and team members to build productive, supportive relationships.
· A commitment to develop and share GIVIT’s future vision, goals and outcomes with volunteers and employees.
· The ability to provide specific, timely and appropriate feedback on their performance and future expectations.
· The willingness to undertake opportunities to develop personal and professional skills and knowledge.
Extensive and demonstrated leadership and management skills including in organisational, financial and human resource management.
Proven ability to constructively build and manage stakeholder relationships and a high level, including with Government and the NGO and corporate sectors.
Excellent interpersonal, communications and analytical skills.
Demonstrated knowledge and relevant experience in corporate governance, organisational design and reform and performance and service delivery improvement.
Proven application of personal attributes related to leadership, commercial acumen, political astuteness, analytical and strategic thinking, personal integrity, self-motivation and the importance of relationships.
· Tertiary Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline.
· Experience working within or with the not-for-profit sector or volunteer based organisations.
How to apply
Please upload resume and cover letter to SEEK. Questions can be emailed to Juliette Wright at email@example.com. Applications close on October 1st, 2018.