Advertiser: Media Arts LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Sep 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $40,000 - $50,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Office Management
This is your chance to work for Australia’s leading boutique entertainment law firm! We are currently looking for a full-time Office Administrator to become an integral member of our team and provide administrative assistance across our Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland offices.
Based in our Melbourne office, this role will offer a motivated and adaptable individual the rare opportunity to work with the best in Australia’s entertainment industry. Our clients include Grammy and ARIA award winning musicians, Golden Lion award winning creative agencies, AACTA and Logie awarded television and film talent, international fashion houses, media and entertainment companies, labels, celebrity chefs, publishers, national festivals, designers, authors, visual artists, influencers, top-rating radio presenters, and more!
The ideal candidate will be up for a challenge and prepared to work in a busy small office environment where no two days are the same!
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Demonstrated office administration and reception experience (preference given to prior experience in law firm);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet right deadlines;
- Capability to learn new tasks and systems quickly and efficiently;
- Creative problem-solving skills to overcome unexpected roadblocks;
- An ability to work autonomously and professionally whilst being committed to supporting the team;
- Advanced computer skills with extensive experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe;
Key responsibilities will include (but note this list is not exhaustive):
- Reception – greeting and welcoming clients, taking general enquiries, coordinating meeting schedules, keeping front of house
- Document management – digital and physical archiving of documents, secure document destruction
- Finance support – assist lawyers with billing, retainers, disbursements and end-of-month rollover
- IT support – key contact for our technical support company and practice management software provider, with responsibility for logging IT issues and coordinating IT updates across firm
- Marketing - assist with updating website and social media pages
- Office maintenance – manage the office space including organising tradespersons, ordering stationery and other supplies, sourcing office furniture, as well as general day-to-day office upkeep
- General office administration including petty cash records, distribute ingoing and outgoing mail etc.
For over 20 years, our firm has given practical and commercial legal advice to clients throughout the entertainment, media, and creative industries. Acting for high-profile talent and multinational companies alongside emerging and fledgling projects, we set the benchmark for creatively strategic legal solutions – no matter the deal size. Our combined experience means that we have the skill, deep networks, lateral thinking, and foresight to achieve the best commercial outcomes for our clients. We don’t just do the paperwork, we think creatively to develop strategic solutions and structure intelligent deals.
Our close-knit team is made up of diverse and unique people with a range of experience and backgrounds. Our impressive client base comes from our staff’s client-focused mentality and strong work ethic to deliver a high-quality legal service. We value people who are high performing, innovative and have a great attitude.
The Office Administrator will work closely with all members of staff on a daily basis and will be considered an essential part of the team. You will be encouraged to engage with the firm and contribute as a valued member of our collegiate and supportive team environment.
Our Melbourne office is based in the heart of North Melbourne within walking distance of great cafes, restaurants and central tram line. Our office hours are 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday.