Machinery and Equipment Operator
Advertiser: AAM Investment GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Sep 2018
- Riverland & Murray Mallee
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Other
Would you like the opportunity to work for an agriculture company that harnesses your talent and offers opportunities for career advancement?
About AAM Investment Group
AAM Investment Group (AAMIG) is a progressive and innovative Australian-owned group leading the way in livestock operations throughout Australia. We have recently acquired Riverlands Free Range chicken farm on the outskirts of Blanchetown. In addition to being a modern free-range broiler facility, we are paving the way as industry leaders with the adoption of innovative software and automated data collection and raising the bar on best practice procedures.
As our company continues to grow, so does our need for quality, committed additions to our team. If you’d like to join a group of like-minded people at a company that’s challenging the status quo in agriculture all over Australia, then there’s no better time than now!
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter to join our team in the newly created position of Compost Site Supervisor. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Compost Site Supervisor will oversee and be actively involved in the day to day tasks required in the production of high-quality soil conditioners from composting poultry manure generated on site. This will include the removal of the poultry manure from the poultry sheds located at the facility and transporting the product to an on-site composting facility.
Your days will see you:
- Undertake a high degree of plant and equipment operation including the use of tele-handlers, skid steer, elevator and prime mover;
- Perform general maintenance of the plant and equipment used by the business initiative;
- Coordinate and undertake poultry litter removal and preparation and placement of fresh bedding; and
- Liaise with customers and coordinate orders, ensuring dispatch and delivery are on time and to specification.
To be successful in this position the ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous experience working in the agricultural industry, with the use of plant and equipment in your day to day role;
- Experience and relevant tickets to operate plant and equipment including a strong knowledge of repair and maintenance of:
- Front End Loader / Skid Steer
- Prime Mover / Tipper Truck
- Stacker / Elevator
- Manitou / Telehandler
- Exemplary track record adhering to WH&S, Bio-Security, Animal Welfare and Environmental legislative compliance;
- Strong accountability, initiative and drive, and ability to develop a newly created role;
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise work demands and meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills with the ability to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work within set budgets and report on KPI performance; and
- Computer skills with basic skills in the use of Excel and email.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Please apply by providing a cover letter and current resume. For a full copy of the position description, please visit our website at www.aamig.com.au/careers
Please note: Riverlands Free Range abides by strict biosecurity standards. The successful applicant will be required to complete a Quarantine Declaration prior to commencing employment.
At AAMIG we celebrate success, reward performance and most importantly value our people.