Advertiser: The Diggers ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Sep 2018
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Horticulture
The Diggers Club is Australia's largest gardening club with a substantial mail order business, four retail stores and two gardens. Based on the Mornington Peninsula, this growing business requires an experienced nursery hand to join its team. This is a permanent, full time role which offers the successful candidate an opportunity to learn from professionals in the field.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Potting and propagation
- Plant maintenance, cleaning and labeling
- Regular pest and disease monitoring and treatment
- Quality control
- Maintaining adequate supply to despatching area
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a production nursery
- A qualification in Horticulture
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving abilities and solution focused
- A good eye for detail
- Flexibility in hours available to work on weekends when required
This position will offer you the opportunity to take the next step in your nursery career and to expand your nursery knowledge in one of Australia's leading nurseries. It will also offer a family friendly and team environment which follows significant environmental and core values.
If you possess the above-mentioned qualities, skills and experience, please apply through Seek. For any queries please contact Janet on (03) 5984 7938.