Advertiser: The Diggers ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Sep 2018
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- $85,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Direct Marketing & CRM
In its 40th year of operation, The Diggers Club is Australia’s largest gardening club with 75,000+ members and over 140 staff. Based on the Mornington Peninsula with a production nursery, mail order business, two gardens, two cafes, four retail shops and historic properties, this purpose led organisation needs a Marketing Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will be responsible for managing the strategic marketing direction of this iconic organisation with the ultimate objective to reach a target membership base of 100,000.
With 6 direct reports and 5 indirect, this new role encompasses Marketing, the Club, PR & Media, Events, Education, Art Department and the Diggers Foundation.
Key responsibilities include, to:
- Develop the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives
- Create Direct Marketing programmes that lead to the Diggers Foundation becoming Australia’s pre eminent garden brand
- Develop and coordinate marketing campaigns in line with marketing strategy and brand values across all channels
- Oversee the company’s marketing budget
- Develop campaigns with our PR managers beyond existing garden media
- Oversee Club product management and development
- Oversee the creation and publication of all marketing material and member content in collaboration with senior horticultural staff and the Director of Gardening who oversees product selection
- Have overall responsibility for brand management, corporate identity and style guides
- Oversee the management and delivery of social media, website content and community engagement programs
- Generate legacy Foundation donations from the gardening public
- Track and analyse marketing campaigns to optimise performance
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Dynamic leadership
- Qualifications and demonstrated experience in Direct Marketing
- A passion and working knowledge of gardening
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly developed stakeholder management skills
- Experience in a NFP environment
- Proven ability to track & measure the effectiveness & outcomes of marketing initiatives
- A high level ability to develop & implement various marketing strategies
- An energetic, enthusiastic and creative mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams
- An ability to build strong and effective partnerships with members, supporters and potential supporters and be an ambassador for the Company.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a driven and talented marketing person who can step into this role and make it their own. There is every opportunity to build on skills and use creativity and judgement to further the marketing strategies used at The Diggers Club.
If you are interested in this position then please click apply. For further information or queries please call Elizabeth or on (03) 5984 7933.