Advertiser: Australian Press CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Sep 2018
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, PA, EA & Secretarial
An opportunity has arisen for an outstanding candidate to join the Australian Press Council as Executive Assistant.
The Australian Press Council was established in 1976 and is responsible for promoting good standards of media practice, community access to information of public interest, and freedom of expression through the media. The Press Council is also the principal body with responsibility for responding to complaints about Australian newspapers, magazines and associated digital outlets.
More information about the Press Council is available on its website: www.presscouncil.org.au
The Executive Assistant will be responsible to the Executive Director for providing administrative assistance to the Chair, Directors and Office Manager, assisting in management and development of office systems, providing information and answering general inquiries from members of the public, making appointments and maintaining diaries, making arrangements for Council and other meetings, assisting in maintaining Council financial records and paying accounts, and assisting staff with website, IT and document presentation.
Abilities and experience
The appointee will require the demonstrated ability to::
- develop and apply appropriate administrative processes;
- communicate information accurately, clearly and succinctly, both orally and in writing;
- record, categorise and store a range of information;
- work with digital resources such as content management systems (CMS), electronic document and record management systems (EDRMS) and other databases;
- work with standard office software, including Microsoft Office and MS Excel, and other data base systems, and prepare and present statistics;
- work with Adobe Creative Suite and documents coded in HTML language, or an ability to rapidly develop competence in doing so, as well as an ability to update and upload documents and images to websites and social media platforms.
The appointee will need to be
- innovative , energetic and tech-savvy;
- able to handle a diverse and changing range of tasks, often under tight deadlines;
- methodical, with close attention to accuracy and detail, including in formatting and other aspects of effective presentation;
- well organised, able to take initiative and work independently and constructively in response to supervision;
- flexible, cooperative and collaborative in a small secretariat, including the ability to adjust tasks and working hours when required.
The appointee will report to the Executive Director, and will also work under the day-to-day supervision of other senior staff on particular areas of work or tasks as determined by the Executive Director.
Terms of appointment
Initial appointment will be for up to two years, renewable by mutual agreement.
Total remuneration, including superannuation, will be in the vicinity of $75,000 incl super, depending on skills and experience.
The position will be based in the Council's office in North Sydney CBD.
Confidential applications, including a resume, should be sent to email@example.com by Friday 19 October 2018.
To discuss the position please call John Pender on 02 92611930.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Indigenous peoples are encouraged to apply.
More information on the Australian Press Council is available from the Council's website, www.presscouncil.org.au