Advertiser: AAM Investment GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Sep 2018
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Engineering, Project Engineering
Are you a can-do project engineer?
Are you seeking step up experience across multiple capital and construction projects?
Do you want to make a splash in the engineering world for our clients?
AAM Investment Group (AAMIG) structures, operates and manages investments across agriculture, rural and commercial property and regionally based infrastructure with a focus on improved investment performance through operational and technological efficiencies, and enhanced asset management. We welcome innovation and reward high calibre performance.
As our company continues to grow, so does our need for quality, committed additions to our team. If you’d like to join a group of like-minded people at a company that’s challenging the status quo in agriculture all over Australia, then there’s no better time than now!
About Your Challenge
We are undertaking a number of large development projects at our livestock sale yard facilities based throughout the eastern states of Australia. We are searching for an experienced Project Engineer with a proven track record with multi discipline projects to compliment the team in the delivery of these facility upgrades. The works involve multidisciplinary upgrades to facilities including roof structures, yard gates, panels, walkways, plumbing, electrical and civil works. Working closely with the Project Manager, and reporting to the General Manager Development and Construction, the position will be based in our Brisbane head office, with travel to various sites required on a frequent basis. This is an opportunity to work and grow alongside a team of highly experienced development and construction professionals.
Your days will see you:
- Manage all aspects of project planning and construction including scheduling, programming, procurement and contract management;
- Prepare regular and accurate commercial and project status reports;
- Liaise with project team members and subcontractors to achieve successful project outcomes while maintaining the project’s quality, safety and environmental objectives;
- Manage Development and Construction project documentation including submissions to local authorities, invoices, tender proposals and contract administration; and
- Assist the team with adhoc reporting including cost reporting, capital portfolio scheduling, cost tracking and general capital portfolio reporting.
To be successful in this position the ideal candidate will possess:
- Qualification in engineering, project/construction management or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 years’ project experience in a Project Engineer or Project Management role;
- A demonstrated ability to complete design development, cost estimates, tender works, project scheduling, site construction and general project management;
- Experience co-ordinating various disciplines with subcontractors including earthworks, concrete, structural steel, electrical, hydraulics, and other trades;
- Working knowledge of Australian building codes, regulations, best practices and performance standards;
- Advanced MS Office, MS Project and D&C software (AutoCAD) skills are essential;
- Extensive knowledge of construction methodology;
- High level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders including subcontractors and site teams;
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise work demands and meet deadlines;
- A solid understanding of WHS legislation and environmental regulations; and
- A current driver licence is essential.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Please apply by providing a cover letter and current resume. For a full copy of the position description, please visit our website at www.aamig.com.au/careers
Please note: The successful applicant is required to complete a pre-employment National Police Check.
At AAMIG we celebrate success, reward performance and
most importantly value our diverse team.