Community Support Worker
Advertiser: SEE FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Sep 2018
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
SEE Foundation Disability Services
Casual role including weekends
Position requires travel across the Nepean/Penrith Greater Region, Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role of the Community Support Worker is to actively support and promote the independence of participants by providing high quality person centered services.
The role is situated within our Casual Staffing Pool supporting clients across our home care and community access program and our Penrith based day program.
The right person is someone that can work flexible hours in line with business requirements, has lots of energy and is values driven to provide the best quality support to SEE Foundations clients.
- Cert III in Disability or equivalent or working towards completion within 6 months of employment
- Statement of attainment in Assist clients with medication (HLTHPS006) or working towards completion within 6 months of employment
- First Aid Certificate
- Driver's Licence
- Current National Police Check
- Working With Children Check
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends
Experience working with people with disabilities or in health/aged services beneficial but not essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Broad knowledge of services for people with disabilities including people with complex and multiple diagnoses,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Well-developed time management skills within competing priorities,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member,
- Exhibit a personal commitment to service, integrity and professional development,
To be considered for this opportunity you must address the selection criteria in your cover letter and then submit your application letter and resume via the apply here link
For more information about SEE Foundation, please visit our website www.seefoundation.com.au
To be considered for this opportunity you must have a legal entitlement to work in Australia with no limitations (This is not a sponsored position) and hold a current NSW driver licence.