Advertiser: Link-Up (NSW) Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Sep 2018
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
The successful candidate will provide counselling, healing and culturally appropriate support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are participating in the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
The candidate for this role will:
- Offer a broad range of counselling services including trans-generational grief, trauma and family relationship counselling
- Participate in case management review processes to ensure cultural sensitivity, duty of care and safety in clinical practice
- Work with established peer support groups and other Stolen Generations groups to support healing programs and related activities
- Provide trauma informed support, information and referral to facilitate client wellbeing
- Work with clients towards positive outcomes
- Enhanced quality and consistency of the response to victim survivors of sexual abuse and utilising appropriate interventions which link to a treatment plan and support services
CRITERIA 1 - Aboriginality is a genuine qualification and is authorised by Section 14a of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977; however, we encourage qualified non-Indigenous applicants to provide an expression of interest with their CV if they are seeking to join part of a dedicated team
CRITERIA 2 - Minimum Certificate IV in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health or a related discipline
CRITERIA 3 - Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people and understanding of the impact of past Government policies.
CRITERIA 4 - Demonstrated counselling skills with experience and knowledge of social, emotional and mental health issues which may include culturally appropriate healing methods, and trauma and grief counselling skills.
CRITERIA 5 - Proven interpersonal and communication skills, plan and organise daily tasks, be efficient and accurate to achieve the objectives of the position within set timelines, work under pressure with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
CRITERIA 6 - Proven and demonstrated experience in similar role(s).
CRITERIA 7 - Ability to travel within NSW, and interstate as required.
To apply for the position of Counsellor, please send an up-to-date resume with a cover letter addressing the 7 essential criteria to KylieN@nsw.link-up.org.au
For further information about the role, please contact Human Resources on (02) 9421 4700.