Catering Assistants - LisarowPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Sep 2018
- Gosford & Central Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Kitchen & Sandwich Hands
About the business
Catering Industries Pty Ltd is a leading provider of contracted hospitality services (catering, cleaning and laundry) to Australia's health and aged care, education, government, corporate and resources sector. We currently employ over 1,000 personnel across various operations in our active market.
About the role
We are seeking dedicated and experienced, Catering Assistants to join our kitchen team at our client's aged care facility in Lisarow NSW. This is a part-time role with shift hours varying between 8-38 hours per week. You must be available to work across any of the 7 days including weekends.
Benefits and perks
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive hourly rate plus penalty loadings as per Hospitality Award. You will also receive comprehensive training to perform your role in a satisfactory manner.
Skills and experience
- 1+ year's experience in a similar role - aged care experience highly regarded.
- Reliable and punctual
- Collaborative and team player
- Ability to multi-task and perform work within deadlines
- Empathy and respect towards aged care residents, staff and clients.
- The ability to support the chefs and the team in a busy kitchen.
- Must have own reliable transport.
- Providing meal service to elderly residents
- Cleaning of serveries
- Adhering to and completing quality assurance documents
- Washing dishes in the main kitchen and plating of meals
- Assist the Chef and Chef Manager as required in preparation of food/beverages
- Food, coffee and tea service
Why work with Catering Industries?
We are a family owned and operated business where our people are our backbone and it's their passion and dedication that has attributed to our substantial organic growth over the past 40 years. We emphasize a culture of service excellence, where our core values of CARE, COMMITMENT, INTEGRITY & TRUST are expected of all employees.
If you believe you have the key skills and attributes to be successful in this role, we would like to hear from you.
The successful applicant must provide a current Federal Police Check certificate, or be willing to apply for one.