Studio Manager / Administrator
Advertiser: Shane Thompson ArchitectsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Oct 2018
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Design & Architecture, Other
- Closing Date for applications: Sunday 14th October
- Available for interviews prior to Thursday 19th October
- Preferred Start Date: Monday 5th November
- Permanent Part Time, 30 hours per week, negotiable
- Contact the Studio Manager, Kara on (07) 3844 1362 or email email@example.com
To be successful you will have experience in the design industry, management, and administrative services and have a good understanding of company financial reporting and management. You will have completed or be toward the end of a degree in Design, Architecture, or Business Management, or equivalent qualification coupled with established leadership experience in the design environment, preferably controlling design projects, and demonstrated industry experience. You can monitor performance against objectives and manage project risks and issues, while ensuring project objectives are met. In conjunction with the practices Principal and Senior Architect, you maximise effectiveness by assertively selecting, developing and managing a small however high performing team, ensuring staff are actively deployed through effective workforce planning practice. You build team commitment by demonstrating personal conviction and professionalism which motivates others to deliver against goals. You are determined and committed to the studio goals while enjoying and contributing to a light-hearted and fun work environment.
- Maintaining Office Management System, Studio records - and updating & implementing policies and procedures. In conjunction with the Senior Architect; ensure that the Quality Assurance activities within the office have continued certified compliance to the management system procedures and processes, undertake preparation for internal and external Auditing. Providing input into any possible purchases or other costs that are required as a consequence of QA compliance.
- Ensuring internal project Reviews take place at required intervals and lessons learnt are fed back into Studio reporting sessions.
- Ensuring Annual Staff reviews take place. Manage personnel matters such as salary review, the Employment Agreement and compliance with relevant Acts and awards, including the Architects Act.
- Updating insurances and registration and managing company subscriptions and staff A+ memberships.
- Assisting with the recruitment of staff including preparing job adverts, sorting applications, arranging interviews, contacting referees and Inducting new staff members.
- Managing personnel matters such as salary review, staff review, the Employment Agreement and compliance with relevant Acts and awards, including the Architects Act.
- Utilising Reckon to manage and prepare monthly invoicing and receivables, recording and managing accounts receivable and payable, managing automatic payments, and producing monthly reconciliation and P&L reports.
- Utilising Reckon - Setting up new starters, end to end processing of fortnightly payroll, leave, sick leave, time in lieu, staff expenses, and superannuation, – and calculation and payment of termination outlays.
- Assisting the accountant with Business Activity Statement (BAS), Instalment Activity Statement (IAS) and Group Tax (PAYG), and the payment of Superannuation Instalments.
- Personal Assistant to Principal - Organising and maintaining the studio diary as well as the Principals diary as required, sending correspondence on Shane’s behalf, type and format correspondence, produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- General Office Administration; Handling hard copy and electronic filing, managing incoming correspondence (Studio Inbox), managing phones / meeting and greeting clients. Maintain filing and a tidy office including supporting all staff in project document control and management of drawings, while maintaining studio file names standards and convention
- Attend and record meetings and maintain meeting papers, while professionally supporting client meetings.
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and general office equipment, and kitchen supplies. Sorting and distributing incoming post and sending outgoing post. General adhoc duties as required for the smooth running of the Studio.
- Carrying out auxiliary project research upon request and assisting in compiling findings, take part in the design process if you desire.
- Bid Administration - coordinating Proposal and Awards presentation, briefing papers and developing tender documents as required.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and consultants as required.
- Coordinate Media communications and manage the company’s Marketing strategies, policies, and processes, keeping all staff aware of current marketing material and strategies to enable them to comply with marketing material needs, update the Website, BowerBird, and Instagram Profiles to keep projects, news, events, and information current.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your covering letter and resume explaining your suitability for and experience relevant to this role.
Please use the subject line: Studio Manager Application.
Applications may be reviewed prior to close date, please email through ASAP. Applications will close by Sunday 14th October.